CD144026 - 1/144 RC-135 Recon Variants

CD144026 will be a 1/144 version of the 1/72 scale RC/WC-135 sheet I released a while ago - it will be expanded with a couple more current USAF and RAF RC-135 markings to increase the number of options directly suitable for the new Roden kit. 

If I can make one request and recommendation.   Include a windshield decal that is designed for the Roden kit.   Also, if you can include a red outline for the windshield that would be excellent.   I have already started on this kit so can't wait for the decals to be released.  :salute:

Edited by Drifterdon
8 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

If I can make one request and recommendation.   Include a windshield decal that is designed for the Roden kit.   Also, if you can include a red outline for the windshield that would be excellent.   I have already started on this kit so can't wait for the decals to be released.  :salute:

i don’t have the Roden kit yet- but is there a reason to expect that the windshield decal design I included in 144004 will not work?

4 hours ago, KursadA said:

i don’t have the Roden kit yet- but is there a reason to expect that the windshield decal design I included in 144004 will not work?

Kursad, If you want, I will mail you my spare Roden canopy to you so you can check your measurements, but yes, it is different.  V/r, Dutch

5 hours ago, KursadA said:

The Roden and MInicraft windshields are very different in shape and size.   I'll take one of the windshield decals from one of my 144004 sheets and give it a test to see how it looks.

1 hour ago, Drifterdon said:

The Roden and MInicraft windshields are very different in shape and size.   I'll take one of the windshield decals from one of my 144004 sheets and give it a test to see how it looks.

Don't waste it for a test - I will send you a printable PDF tonight.

21 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Kursad,

I went ahead and used one of the silver backing windshield decals on the Roden windshield part.   It's hard to see as I just used my phone to take the pic but the Roden windshield is much larger than the decal in the 144004 sheet.   It could work but you'd need to fill in the windows and get rid of the molded in framing like I did with the Minicraft nose section in the second pic.

20220704_121321.thumb.jpg.3dbd300570b53c441946da91e7a85c29.jpg

20220704_121236.jpg

This sheet will be coming in September - I need to finalize color choices and add some tweaks, but I would like to send it to be printed in the next couple of days so this design is pretty much final.

cd144026.jpg

Edited by KursadA

I guess I can, but the second entry door is not an extra, it is of the sharp-corner variety seen on some RC-135. I can add a second set of doors but it may give the impression that I have two full sets of stencils on the sheet while I certainly don’t. 144004 has all sorts of exit door decals.

Edited by KursadA
15 hours ago, KursadA said:

I am also reprinting 144004 so you can stock up for other C-135 family projects and multiple options from this sheet. 72070 coming at the same time too.

This will be an expensive order when they are released.   Can't wait...

On 7/12/2022 at 11:25 PM, KursadA said:

I guess I can, but the second entry door is not an extra, it is of the sharp-corner variety seen on some RC-135. I can add a second set of doors but it may give the impression that I have two full sets of stencils on the sheet while I certainly don’t. 144004 has all sorts of exit door decals.

Yes, I saw that too.  And you do offer one set of yellow, red & black door outlines on 144004. There is so much potential on the sheet to make multiple subjects, that I thought an extra set of door outlines wouldn't hurt.  I don't think it will hurt sales of a reprinted 144004, plus it might boost sales of 144026. I don't know!  

I have limited time to work today and will make an effort to add the door outlines and renumber.

144009 is in the works and I expect to release it before the end of the year - in the October/November timeframe.