• 5 weeks later...

Last renderings before the start of production of the Ka-52 Khokum. They reported that the next will be the Mi-28 Havoс.

On 7/19/2022 at 1:30 AM, Bulldog 09 said:

Now the question is where do you order these when they come available?

Dave Fassett

I can’t say anything about the purchase of this model, about 38 countries out of 200 have imposed sanctions, including yours, so you can’t use our payment system, and we can’t use yours. Mail works all over the world, so you can purchase this model only through an exchange with some modeler from Russia. For example, I recently needed a SR-71 from Revell, but I purchased it through an intermediary in Poland)))

Regards,

Sergei

7tI8MEIZnjk.jpg

r9Xr12Ocy4E.jpg

V3WelRyHRhM.jpg

0T8BUHvCpAU.jpg

1namwzSxUbc.jpg

Ih6__CORynI.jpg

Hhfnbel6fmA.jpg

ULwbSMxYIys.jpg

7fiCKOsgEJo.jpg

2325Pow05cY.jpg

4 hours ago, Newtonk said:

Yes, put me down for one of each in 1/35, please. Too good to pass up.

Do the sanctions apply to real aircraft or the kit?

The sanctions apply to trade between countries and the use of payment systems. Previously, I used Visa and Master cards, Pay Pal for purchases abroad. Now I can use Visa and Mastercard only within Russia or the Mir national payment card in Russia and countries that support payments with it. Also, you cannot directly buy anything from Russia, because your government has imposed sanctions on payments. All this is sad and makes it difficult for each of us to enjoy our hobby.

Regards,

Sergei

Very few Russian companies seemed to have had good distribution outside Russia before the war and a number being direct sales. Probably will have to wait until on eBay from a near by country. I have gotten good results ordering from Latvia and Kazakhstan since the war started. I am sure like most things grafters will soon make things more of a gamble. 

3 hours ago, Sergei Galicky, Russia said:

The sanctions apply to trade between countries and the use of payment systems. Previously, I used Visa and Master cards, Pay Pal for purchases abroad. Now I can use Visa and Mastercard only within Russia or the Mir national payment card in Russia and countries that support payments with it. Also, you cannot directly buy anything from Russia, because your government has imposed sanctions on payments. All this is sad and makes it difficult for each of us to enjoy our hobby.

Regards,

Sergei

Actually, you can buy direct from Russia.  You can’t just use certain payment systems.  I just received a order direct from Quinta Studios in Russia.  They use Payoneer as a payment processor.

21 hours ago, Sergei Galicky, Russia said:

Last renderings before the start of production of the Ka-52 Khokum. They reported that the next will be the Mi-28 Havoс.

I can’t say anything about the purchase of this model, about 38 countries out of 200 have imposed sanctions, including yours, so you can’t use our payment system, and we can’t use yours. Mail works all over the world, so you can purchase this model only through an exchange with some modeler from Russia. For example, I recently needed a SR-71 from Revell, but I purchased it through an intermediary in Poland)))

Regards,

Sergei

Had a complaint about this statement (IMO) its a statement of fact and not a political post. Others might not agree, your mileage my vary. Its not going on about the war, its about buying the model.

8 hours ago, Sergei Galicky, Russia said:

Regards,

Sergei

This one is also a statement of fact. There are sanctions. Hopefully this war will be over soon. Go build a model.

8 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Actually, you can buy direct from Russia.  You can’t just use certain payment systems.  I just received a order direct from Quinta Studios in Russia.  They use Payoneer as a payment processor.

Did this allow regular credit card payment or treated it as a cash advance?

On 8/18/2022 at 6:08 PM, Dave Williams said:

Was treated as a CC payment as near as I can tell.  I looked up Payoneer, and it appears to be a legit portal for making business payments.  

I’ll have to look into Payoneer as I have been waiting to order some Live Resin product but waited to long.

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Is there a problem with shipping from Russia?
I havent had any myself.

I don't know if shipments from Russia are allowed, but payment is a problem.  I have tried to order from Amigo Models or Arma Models in Russia and they cannot accept any western way or payment like PayPal, Visa or Mastercard. Arma Models has a lot of things I would love to order.

Temp-Models website states that they can take PayPal again but I am not sure if that is just and old notice.

Too bad.

j

Shipments from Russia are allowed and work as before, just take a bit longer. Some companies adjust for new reality and use other payment processors as Dave mentioned above. I've heard that Arma stopped shipping overseas but never checked myself. I'm going to do it when Ka-52 is released. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I am new to the forum and joined on behalf of an elderly friend who is not online but is an accomplished (petrol) model plane and heli. builder.

He is very keen to acquire a jet powered kit for the Kamov KA-52.  Any suggestions that would lead to sourcing a kit or unfinished build of a Kamov KA-52 will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There are 2 options in 1/48 scale: old Italeri/Revell Ka-50 kit (very hard to find) + NeOmega conversion or new Arma Models kit which is expected to be released in late November. It will be also not easy to get as Arma Models is in Russia and at the moment they offer shipping to Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan only let alone almost nonexistent payment options. 

Edited by Helmsman