• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Sergei Galicky, Russia said:

The kit is not yet for sale. The manufacturer is completing minor improvements to various parts - grilles, vacuformed canopy

metal gun barrels? or landing gears? the Tempmodels crew w/AKs is genius, does anyone know if that aircraft was recovered, destroyed or captured?

The barrel of the gun in the kit is made of 3D resin, you can buy it separately from metal. The wheels of landing gear in the kit are less detailed, and can buy additionally with more details.

The Ka-52, shot down in February, remained on the ground, the crew was evacuated by another Mi-24 that came to the rescue.

There was another case of forced landing of the Ka-52. The crew was able to repair the helicopter on their own and flew away.

P.S. Bonus - in progress pics

c0YpUABOfzk.jpg

qRWpNon5BnI.jpg

sq2IrxXvdxE.jpg

Dv9qasZLE0M.jpg

Edited by Sergei Galicky, Russia
On 11/29/2022 at 9:01 PM, DarkKnight said:

any more news?

I thought maybe I should fly to Russia to buy this, but the State Dept says dont go, what do they know? I'm comfortable with ignoring them,  the real problem is you can't fly direct, bummer

Maybe by Bus....LOL

Paulsbrown, very good work! I see a very beautiful conversion!

These are photos of the test assembly. Based on the results of this work, correctons are made to the set. As far as I know, 2 people are currently doing this for Arma Models, and these are photos of one of them. What paints and materials he uses for the assembly - is not reported.

18 hours ago, Sergei Galicky, Russia said:

Paulsbrown, very good work! I see a very beautiful conversion!

These are photos of the test assembly. Based on the results of this work, correctons are made to the set. As far as I know, 2 people are currently doing this for Arma Models, and these are photos of one of them. What paints and materials he uses for the assembly - is not reported.

I see, thanks Sergei. Still, the test assembly photos are very helpful for adding details to my own build.

On 10/9/2022 at 12:26 PM, Helmsman said:

There are 2 options in 1/48 scale: old Italeri/Revell Ka-50 kit (very hard to find)...

Is the Revell that hard to find? I think I've got one in my stash. 

The barrel of the gun in the kit is made of 3D resin, you can buy it separately from metal. The wheels of landing gear in the kit are less detailed, and can buy additionally with more details.

The Ka-52, shot down in February, remained on the ground, the crew was evacuated by another Mi-24 that came to the rescue.

There was another case of forced landing of the Ka-52. The crew was able to repair the helicopter on their own and flew away.

P.S. Bonus - in progress pics

Sergei, any photos or links to the aircraft that was repaired and flew away?

3 hours ago, Sergei Galicky, Russia said:

I think that there will be no details about this helicopter until the end of the special military operation.

Perhaps unpopular opinion, but I believe every military unit should have a historian who documents markings and history for each helicopter, aircraft, tank.  In some way, we modelers keep history alive in the work we do.

Dark Knignt:

In Russia now has law, which prohibited publishing even number, name and positioin if military divisions, so in videos and photos blurred boards numbes and registration codes, BTW on part of helicopters painted over not only numbers, but even stars.

But i'm suppose you asked about this Ka-52, which landed at the Azov sea beach

http://scalemodels.ru/images/2022/11/1668165884_143538DB-8327-4334-A227-9D3A06621A48.jpeg

Edited by kotey
7 hours ago, kotey said:

In Russia now has law, which prohibited published even number, name and positioin if military divisions, in videos and photos blurred boards numbes and registration codes

Does it cover just in the special operations area or all over like say Vladivostok? Is there a timeframe that is covered for example nothing from this operation but 2014 operation, Syria or 1980’s Afghanistan ok? Trying to better understand to avoid asking people questions that could get them in trouble.