I guess I'm still in a Voodoo mood. And with this one goes well with some Gene Autry music.  "The stars at night... are big and bright...."

Here's something I finished yesterday titled "Heart of Texas."  This is a 36x12 inch piece featuring McDonnell F-101B Voodoos flown by the 111st Fighter Interceptor Squadron ("Ace in the Hole") at Ellington ANGB in Houston, Texas.  I'll be following up with a 111st FIS voodoo profile as a companion piece.  I'll post that once it's finished.

1395828555_McDonnellF-101BVoodoo-HeartOfTexas111stFIScopy.thumb.jpg.3229be2405802b4e54abd21b05367494.jpg

This is now available through my website, or my Fine Art America page (see my signature, below).

Safe skies!

~John

Edited by John Matthews Art
add links

Beautiful work, John. 
Love the print for the Meridian folks. I travel there frequently for work and have kept up with their plan to bring back a RF-4C for display. 
Glad it's finally got momentum. 
-Jeff

2 hours ago, ST0RM said:

Beautiful work, John. 
Love the print for the Meridian folks. I travel there frequently for work and have kept up with their plan to bring back a RF-4C for display. 
Glad it's finally got momentum. 
-Jeff

Thank you very much Jeff.  I was very happy when the EMVF commissioned my work to help raise money for 0438.  I'm proud to have played a small part in getting her back to Meridian and restoring her. 

For those who haven't seen it, this is the print Jeff was talking about...

699599143_67-0438PhantomsInboundKey-Small-10312020.jpg.6ef7b7e39a18bf2eaffeeb9c0052f783.jpg

This is a limited edition print that benefits the East Mississippi Veterans Foundation.  The proceeds go toward restoring RF-4C Phantom 67-0438, which flew with the 153rd TRS at Key Field in Meridian Mississippi. 

Safe skies!

-John

Edited by John Matthews Art