Amazing 1:48 F-15 Eagle decals

PK Productions just released their first F-15 Eagle high quality decals in 1:48 scale. The printing quality is suberb, which is done by Carograph. Even the smallest stencil is readable.

I will get my copies next weekend and will show more details here later.

Ordering can be done at the homepage of PK Productions https://www.pkproductions.de/shop/

Just visited the site and although it states compatibility with GWH and Hasegawa I am pretty sure the Hasegawa IFR door is dimensional different than the GWH one as well as the Academy rendition. So the question is: what kit is the IFR door sized for? Only one size provided.

Edited by Nebbor

Yesterday, I picked up my PK Productions F-15 decals sheets in 1:48 and I am very impressed! The producer has a very good eye for accuracy and the printing quality by Cartograph literally is stunning.

Sheet No. 48-001 is devoted to the stencils of F-15 Eagle in the early ghost grey scheme. It is a very comprehensive sheet. The carrier film is very thin and trimming is almost not necessary, because the carrier film virtually does not stand out of the marking.

For the first time, all three US national insignia carried by USAFE Eagles are accurately covered. Eagles in the original scheme, which were painted in the factory, usually were covered with the whole bunch of panel numbers. Those are presented on the sheet as well. Beside this, the NO STEP and NO PUSH honeycomb marking are covered in the early yellow and later black versions.

Let´s take a look on the pictures

DSC_8723_00001.jpg

DSC_8726_00001.jpg

DSC_8728_00001.jpg

DSC_8727_00001.jpg

Edited by falcon91352

Sheet 48-002 is named "Eagle Country Bitburg/ Spangdahlem", which contains general markings for a plethora of different F-15A/C/D and stencils for Eagles in the later Mod-Eagle scheme.

An interesting fact is, that the producer has been grown up in a small village in the Eifel, which is located in the approach of former Bitburg Air Base. Since a couple of years, he lives in a town which is situated in the approach of Spangdahlem Air Base. However, due to his young age, he never has seen operational Eagles of the 36th or 52nd (T)FW.

DSC_8732_00001.jpg

DSC_8733_00001.jpg

As with the stencils sheet, the quality is top notch!

An interesting fact is, that two differnet styles of SP tail codes can be found, which never was considered before on a decal sheet of 52nd FW Eagles.

Wing and squadron badges are in the correct size and style, as with the national insignia. Both were often mishappen on previous Eagle decal sheets. Even the accuracy of tail numbers and codes are leaving a lot to be desired on many F-15 sheets, even on some aftermarket ones. On the PK Production sheet, these are perfectly matched and tested for accuracy on the GWH kit. However, those are fitting with no problems on other quarter scale Eagle kits as well.

DSC_8725_00001.jpg

DSC_8730_00001_01.jpg

DSC_8729_00001.jpg

DSC_8731_00001.jpg

Edited by falcon91352
  • 4 months later...