Making an A-319 from A-320 (Zvezda)

I have found several graphical representations of how and what to do in order to make the 747-400 from a Zevezda 8i (see below), and similar chop conversions for the 767 and 777 -  but for the life of me I cant find anything similar for the A320- to A319.  I searched the "New" airlinercafe, but nothing. Is there someplace else I missed? 
Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 14-33-16 B747-8 to B744 conversion plan.png

Phil,

I recently found some old posts on the "new" AirlinerCafe site by starting at page #257 in the "Airliner Modeling" forum and working my way forward, which is where I found this on page #256.

"The Revell A321 can also be shortened to an A319 by removing 1.5/8″ forward of the wing and 1.3/8″ aft. Of the 3 A319s I have built in 1:144, all are converted A321s using decal windows/doors — they look great!"

https://airlinercafe.com/forums/topic/a319/

Granted, this is for a 321 to 319 conversion, but you get the idea.

Phil,  Yeah, well it says A321 to A319, so maybe not so helpful.  So my apologies.  Let me keep looking.  Someone on AirlinerCafe wanted to convert a Revell E-3A AWACS kit to a 720B. People offered all kinds of advice about removing window frames ahead of and behond the wing plus adding the wing glove, etc...; but not so useful for a windowless airframe.  So I uploaded my quick and dirty Revell 707/KC-135 scale conversion chart.  I have a Revell DC-8 (short & long body) conversion chart as well.  K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch
17 hours ago, Dutch said:

Phil,  Yeah, well it says A321 to A319, so maybe not so helpful.  So my apologies.  Let me keep looking.  Someone on AirlinerCafe wanted to convert a Revell E-3A AWACS kit to a 720B. People offered all kinds of advice about removing window frames ahead of and behond the wing plus adding the wing glove, etc...; but not so useful for a windowless airframe.  So I uploaded my quick and dirty Revell 707/KC-135 scale conversion chart.  I have a Revell DC-8 (short & long body) conversion chart as well.  K/r, Dutch

I saw that post -And I have seen some.... lets say interesting replies to help requests there. So whatever is said I take with a grain of salt lol. What I might do is try and compare the Revell 319 to the Zvezda 320 and mark  up the 320 to see where the best cuts are - but I was trying to avoid finding that old build

Phil,  I am traveling right now and return ~27 Jul.  When I return I can measure my Revell A319 and do a window count and figure out the baggage door placement for you.  I assume the wings & stabs are okay?   As to engines, you're on your own there.  Also, there might be an article from Airline Modeller on a A319 conversion from A320.   K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Phil,

I thought so! Airline Modeler Vol. 1, No. 1 featured an article to convert a Revell A320 to either a A319 or A321. I suppose if you had two A320 kits, you could make both.  I found this screen grab from the AHS estore site. I will find it for you when I get home. Don't know how useful this will be as it for Revell, not Zvezda.  

K/r,

Dutch

Screenshot_20220716-154531_Chrome.thumb.jpg.87d97dfa6188c3778332b4b258c5032c.jpg

Edited by Dutch
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 9:51 AM, Phil Ciborowski said:

I saw that post -And I have seen some.... lets say interesting replies to help requests there. So whatever is said I take with a grain of salt lol. What I might do is try and compare the Revell 319 to the Zvezda 320 and mark  up the 320 to see where the best cuts are - but I was trying to avoid finding that old build

Phil, see my PM. I will email you the article from AM, Vol.1, No.1. K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Gents,

I recently got a bundle of Revell 320, and I want to do some conversion into 319 and 318.

Any information on the fuselage reduction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank yo for your help

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2022 at 9:34 PM, Dutch said:

Le_boz,

Send me a PM with your email address and I will email you the Airliner Modeling Magazine article when I return home. 

K/r, 

Dutch 

Dutch,

Is it possible for me to get a copy of that article as well?

I'll PM you my e-mail address.

On 11/9/2022 at 11:54 AM, 320 Driver said:

I fly both the 319 and 320. The 319 has a strake or fin or fence or whatever it's called on the outboard side of the nacelle in addition to the inboard side. The 320 only has the inboard one.

I noticed that this weekend returning from Dulles on a United A319.  I pointed it out to the wifey while waiting to board on the jetway. She said I was so smart, (actually geek is the word she used.) LOL!😏