Academy Rafale C new or Revell Re-box, same as M?

8 hours ago, arnobiz said:

Slightly different. The most visible one is the landing gear, which is much stronger/bigger on the M.

https://omnirole-rafale.com/differences-entre-le-rafale-marine-et-air/

Arnaud

Excellent link Arnaud. I have 2 of the Revell kits on hand and was wondering what exactly is wrong about the Hobbyboss Rafale series? I have built the Revell "M" 20 years ago and it was a fine kit back then. Revell are typically cheaper than the Hobbyboss as well. Just want your opinion between the 2 kits.

The Revell kit is better: sharper casting, better fit. The HB kit is a knock-off of the Revell kit. The main advantage of the HB kit is that it's easily available, especially the B version which is very hard to find in the Revell range nowadays

4 minutes ago, arnobiz said:

The Revell kit is better: sharper casting, better fit. The HB kit is a knock-off of the Revell kit. The main advantage of the HB kit is that it's easily available, especially the B version which is very hard to find in the Revell range nowadays

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

IF the Revell kit is a re-box of the Italeri kit, it will have a number of issues.

The ones that easily come to mind are; minimal cockpit detail, incorrect exhaust port grill behind cockpit, no radar-absorbing triangles on wings and empennage (tail planes), limited weapons/fuel tanks, and it is basically the prototype shape.

I will check to see what parts Revell added to the kit to improve it like the IRST gear in front of the wind screen.  The Italeri kit has one advantage over the HB kit though; it is 1/72nd scale while the HB kit is a bit less than 1/72nd in scale.

Just my two cents,

WARDOG

12 minutes ago, Glynn Jacobs said:

IF the Revell kit is a re-box of the Italeri kit, it will have a number of issues.

The ones that easily come to mind are; minimal cockpit detail, incorrect exhaust port grill behind cockpit, no radar-absorbing triangles on wings and empennage (tail planes), limited weapons/fuel tanks, and it is basically the prototype shape.

I will check to see what parts Revell added to the kit to improve it like the IRST gear in front of the wind screen.  The Italeri kit has one advantage over the HB kit though; it is 1/72nd scale while the HB kit is a bit less than 1/72nd in scale.

Just my two cents,

WARDOG

I think you are talking about the wrong scale. 
Academy/Revell are 1:48.