Here's a piece that I created titled "Chiefs."  This 18x24 inch print features a formation of Republic F-105B Thunderchiefs assigned to the 335th Tactical Fighter Squadron ("The Chiefs") at Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina.  The 335th TFS was tasked with evaluating the '105, and was the first USAF squadron to accept it for operational service.

983076740_Chiefs-F-105BThunderchiefs335thTFS4x6.jpg.7578eb74a119121a811603931b6ae8fc.jpg

There weren't many planes better looking than an F-105 in a natural metal finish.  From an aesthetic standpoint, it was a shame when they began dumping silver lacquer on them.  But, they were never going to remain in bare metal anyway since they were all eventually going to wear Southeast Asia camouflage paint. 

Here's the 36x12 inch profile I created as a compliment to "Chiefs."  I wanted to carry-over some of the distinctive markings in the profile to create a bit more visual interest and balance.  So I used the vertical stabilizer's stripe and the Chiefs' squadron logo that was painted on the sides of their planes.   

1095368436_F-105BThunderchief-335thTFSChiefsProfile6x2.jpg.8fb47c4ac85305207b4b74d605aac1c8.jpg

You can take a closer look at these prints at my website.  Thanks.   

Edited by John Matthews Art
changed bad link