1/72 Hasegawa A-10C

Looks great.  One of my favorite aircraft.  How did the kit go together?  I've built the ancient Monogram version twice and have a couple of Italeri kits waiting in my stash.  Normally a big fan of Hasegawa kits but have never even had my eyes on this one.

Edited by fessSto

It went together good, I had a bit of trouble with the exhausts on the engine pods breaking free but I should have glued them a bit more solid. I built the 72nd Italeri many years ago, OA-10A and thought it better than Hasegawa but today I am thinking Hasegawa has a better overall shape, something in the nose of the Italeri didn't seem right. I tried doing the old Revell Monogram just before I started this, I cut my teeth on Revell-Monogram kits in the '60s, it was a horrid fit and ended up in the trash bin, nothing fit right and the engine nacelles gave me fits. Just my two cents on it.

Edited by jonwinn
spelling error

Overall shape of the Monogram kit is good, but I agree with the fit.  And I don't know what they were thinking with the HUD(!?!).  It was actually the first kit that I rescribed the raised panel lines.  It shows it's age and you are correct about the fit especially if you try to close the engine nacelle that is designed to display the engine.  That being said I think a skillful modeler can make it into a decent representation.