Kinetic new tool F-16C and C-17

It seems their teaser a few weeks ago about the C-17 was true.

Its been many years since Anigrand made their C-17, its about time we had a decent one to talk about.
No matter what its like I can see it being anywhere near as bad as the Anigrand kit was.
I still have nightmares about the nose profile of that model. I think the one I built is still on display in a shop up in the midlands...

I think I remember seeing CAD drawings of the Kinetic C-17 years ago, and they showed a lot of interior detail. I also recalled that they were concerned on how expensive the kit would be. I don't understand why manufacturers put in loads of interior detail where you'll never see it. Do you know that there is a roll of toilet paper molded onto the wall of the latrine in the AMT/Ertl 1/72 scale KC-135 kits? Why? No way you can see it on the built model; it's between two bulkheads way behind the flight engineer/navigator's station. And you can't even see those crewmen's seats through the small cockpit windows. Why not cut costs and leave these items for the aftermarket who sell to modelers who enjoy adding deep details?

20 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Wonder if the C-17 will have a detailed interior? If so maybe they can sell another version with a closed up ramp and door and no interior detail to sell cheaper.

I could see them leaving out the sprues for the interior for a cheaper version of the kit, but you'd have to mold all new fuselage halves to have the ramp and doors closed. Ideally they'd be molded closed by default, and you have to cut off the doors and ramp if you wanted them open. I'm betting that the cargo bay will only be a few pieces (floor, ceiling, and walls) anyway, similar to the old Italeri C-130s. So not including it wouldn't make that much of a difference in the complexity of the kit.

Paul's reply is spot on. 

A full interior, unless you're either on your knees looking in or it's fully lit, just isn't seen. Ramp and Door area detail suffices, along with the entryway. 

On 7/20/2022 at 3:36 PM, flanker27 said:

Kinetic is releasing a new tool F-16C and C-17 from their facebook page

There is no mention of the C-17 on their Facebook page, just a portrait of a box art from their display at a modelling show.

17 hours ago, Solo said:

image.png.9f83cde873cfef2e5e4a3603c392d291.png

Humvee Airdrop from C-17 Globemaster III Aircraft - YouTube

I am really looking forward to this kit now. Its the first kit Ive been "excited" over for quite some time...

I fact the last time I remember having this sense of expectation was for the HB F-111, but where can you get one of those loader trucks? And can the HEMTT be carried?

Edited by ElectroSoldier
  • 2 weeks later...