Empty weight of a 4 shot Zuni tube?

Offhand does anyone know what the empty weight would be? Im looking to weather a pair on a Skyhawk, and am wondering if it would be a 1 man, 2 man, or 4 man lift, although I cant imagine it being that heavy to need 4 guys.

Seeing as how often they were on and off for any particular mission, I imagine the grime marks where the most contact would be, would be dirtier than the rest of the tube.

Thanks!

Empty weight of a LAU-10 is;

LAU-10C/A (NTP Launcher) - 107 lbs

LAU-10D/A (TP Launcher) - 146 lbs

Older LAU-10's would be around the same, +/- a few pounds.

it would be a two man lift for loading/downloading/handling.

If the pod is going to depict a pod that has just come back from firing, then it would be trashed as the rocket exhaust trashes the pod. If the pod is to depict a non-fired pod, the it wouldn't be very weathered, just some scoff marks and faded paint.

Thank you sir for your ever valuable knowledge and experience! I thought it might be a two man lift but wasnt sure. I figured the handling areas would show more dirt, grime and wear than anywhere else except maybe the back and front panels.

As for this one, it will be unshot. The jet is mostly clean. (VA-192 and their 1966/67 Tico war cruise) with used tubes. I havent yet decided what other ordnance I was going to put on the plane. I was thinking of using AGM 12Bs.

If you are putting LAU-10's on it might I suggest AERO-5's w/ AGM-45 Shrikes and a MER with  6 x Mk 82 Snakeyes.

Rockets were commonly flown for SEAD missions along with Shrikes and Snakeyes. Also, they carried an AERO-1E (400 gl) drop tank on the centerline in lie of the bombs, just depended on the ATO.

• 2 weeks later...

This kit was the vintage Fujimi A-4 in 48th scale. The guy I bought it from said he had had it since 1978!

The bombs and MERs were very basic and the bombs werent even round or straight. They looked like something out of Dr. Seuss. The zuni pods were fine though. Since I am donating this built kit I used the kit external tank, the zunis and some aftermarket TERs that I had. For my personal collection, I cant ever see myself using a TER so I figured these would go to a good home. I also used some spare Mk. 81 snakeyes I had in the bin. I wasnt even going to try and use the kit decals even though that aside from yellowing, they looked ok. I had a spare set of Hasegawa VA-192 decals for their 1967 Vietnam cruise. Im relatively content although I did have an error. I loaded the TERs on stations 2 and 4 with the pods outboard of them. With this kit design, the fowrard MLG doors are angled out and in order to get them looking right, it hogged room for loading the inboard bomb on each TER. (similar in concept to loading the forward inboard location on a MER and an A-6)

I also didnt dirty the kit up too much. These were relatively new planes so they would have had some gloss sheen left to them. Although the pods and TERs were flattened out and dirtied just a little bit.

I started out on this kit with the best intentions but a weather change, a shift in priorities, etc., made this one tough to get over the finish line. I also build 1/1 scale cars and my '65 Galaxie was calling with the spring weather. The means this kit sat on the bench from March till now. Thats ok, the Galaxie isnt quite finished either. But it runs and drives.

Thanks for all of the input!

A4.JPG

A4a.JPG