Aires 1/48 F-15C Exhaust #4125

Don't know whether this is the right section to post this, but it seems I'm the "tool" asking, I thought you could as well be the ones giving me the "tips" about it.

Usually, because of my endless noobness, I get these crazy ideas about things that perhaps could be pulled off to avert high prices. I'm starting my Hasegawa 1/48 F-16B kit, and I saw that it needs an aftermarket cockpit, main landing gear bay, MLU parapack tail and exhaust to be above today's standards. I'm building an early AM/MLU bird in Chilean markings.

I already ordered the cockpit, tail and the MLG bay, which were all round 90 quid + courier charges, since importing goods is forbidden in these here lands by the Gorgon Crook and her Puppet President. Now, I just came across an Aires P&W exhaust set for the Hasegawa F-15C kit which my husband had stored. So this sudden evil thought came to me  >:naughty:< (getting lousy cheap about it).

Would I be able graft one of those resin engines onto my Hasegawa Viper if I cut out and sanded down the donut in the original kit part first?

Please, forgive my cheap noobness; it's just the store where I ordered the aftermarkets didn't have the exhaust set, and I'd terribly suffer having to fork out another 40 quid just to get the exhaust elsewhere. 

Do you think it'd be doable? Thanks in advance. And please be gentle :kissing2:

Cheers,

Gwen