Safe, effective, enamel paint stripper?

I was wondering if any of you guys or gals out there know of something that will effectively strip enamel model paint (of the Testors square bottle flavor to be exact)? I had, up until this point, used Easy Off oven cleaner but it seems that they changed the formula and it's too caustic and damages the plastic. I'm trying to find something that will work without attacking the plastic. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Model railroad world has had this since the 1980s,

Scalecoat Model RR Paint Part # 640-10568
Paint Stripper/Remover for Plastics -- 16oz 473mL Bottle

https://www.walthers.com/paint-stripper-remover-for-plastics-16oz-473ml-bottle

Works on styrene, ABS, metal.

I did once discover that it reduces resin parts to jelly.

Edited by southwestforests

Super Clean degreaser. I've used it for years on acrylics, enamels, and even lacquers. It's stripped it all, safely. Even on resin and clear parts. I've also used it to remove "chrome" from car kit parts. Just give the parts a little soak, and usually the paint just falls off. For lacquers, I've used a toothbrush on the stubborn spots. The paint eventually all came off. The only warning I'd give is to use gloves. (Should go without saying.) If you don't, the stuff will leave your fingers feeling like your prints have been stripped off, too. Hope this helps.

Good luck!

-O

I've used brake fluid. When I mentioned this on another forum, I was informed that I was lucky that it didn't damage the plastic. This is the model in question after it was repainted. 

DSC04589.JPG

Edited by Cat Barf

The last 2 cars I built I stripped with brake fluid. One because I dropped it while it was wet 😡 and the other because it was well over 20 years since I painted the body, never finished it and it really needed fresh paint. That one soaked in brake fluid for 3 days before it started cutting through the paint.

I have never had issues with brake fluid damaging styrene.

#2 for Castro Super Clean. Not sure I would call it safe but very effective. Safer than brake fluid though. It is also cheap and readily available at Walmart or auto supply stores like Auto Zone. 

Thanks for all of the replies! I got some of the Super Clean today. It couldn't have been easier - I went to O'Reilly's Auto Parts and it was right across from the door!

Today I have been battling bronchitis and power outages in 100+ degree heat, so I'm going to wait to try it out and report back.