Nothing from the Nats?

Nats was absolutely fantastic! 2808 was the total number of entries. If you take into account collections, it's probably over 3,000. The above mentioned companies decided to attend the Hobbytown convention rather than IPMS. It makes sense, as there's more potential money at the HT convention. In regards to COVID, that seems awfully quick turnaround. If you were there Wednesday and went home Sunday, that doesn't seem like a lot of time for symptoms to show. 

I really liked Darren's seminar about the Many Faces of the F-14 👍👍

The Eduard wildcat sold very well, I saw guys buying them 4 or more at a time.   They still had plenty on Sunday

Then Kinetic  confirmed the 1/72 C-17 .

There were lots of great models on display, but it was hard to get good pictures. I have not gone through all of mine, but they all need a lot of work to make presentable. 

11 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

Nats was absolutely fantastic! 2808 was the total number of entries. If you take into account collections, it's probably over 3,000. The above mentioned companies decided to attend the Hobbytown convention rather than IPMS. It makes sense, as there's more potential money at the HT convention. In regards to COVID, that seems awfully quick turnaround. If you were there Wednesday and went home Sunday, that doesn't seem like a lot of time for symptoms to show. 

3-5 days is the incubation period. 

Edited by sierrascale
3 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Get on Facebook...tons of photos.

It was a wicked good show, a sea of plastic in the contest room and if aircraft is your bag then you got an eye full. Lots of fantastic builds.

There was also this awesome group of guys at the table next to us at Sprue Bros. They did some sort of podcast. 😄

Not a Facebooker, so I'll miss out. 
Adds more to the argument about the relevancy of sites like ARC, if you have to have FB to see events that are model related. 
But thanks for the replies. Who will host the next one?

25 minutes ago, ST0RM said:

Adds more to the argument about the relevancy of sites like ARC, if you have to have FB to see events that are model related. 

Its only ARC. Other sites have the coverage when you get shows. Facebook offered the uploading of pictures for free, people find it harder to get a host so on here they dont bother.

The toxic and or controlling nature of facebook keeps me away from the site.

On 7/27/2022 at 11:17 AM, 82Whitey51 said:

Get on Facebook...tons of photos.

It was a wicked good show, a sea of plastic in the contest room and if aircraft is your bag then you got an eye full. Lots of fantastic builds.

The problem with that is that...it's Facebook. Beyond that, their search tools suck. Still waiting for the winners list tho...

John

On 7/28/2022 at 7:39 AM, ST0RM said:

You can get on under a made up name, using a made up yahoo (or whoever) email address...and follow just model pages and avoid all the BS.

Aside from that, if you're online or have a smart phone, the Chinese are already seeing everything you type. 🤷‍♂️

On 7/27/2022 at 4:15 PM, Darren Roberts said:

There was also this awesome group of guys at the table next to us at Sprue Bros. They did some sort of podcast. 😄

Haaaa...yeah man! Great yapping with you D-Rob!

On 7/28/2022 at 6:39 AM, ST0RM said:

San Marcos, TX.  Don't know which chapter is host (San Antonio?).

On 7/28/2022 at 6:39 AM, ST0RM said:

You just need to search “Facebook IPMS” and you can go to the page and see all the photos posted.  It’s an open, public page so anyone, even non Facebook users can see posts and photos.  You just cannot post comments or photos since you are not a Facebook user.

Edited by Sean F

Thanks for the answers. 
Yeah, I'm not worried about the Chinese or whomever listeing/reading my stuff. I'm not naive enough to believe otherwise. 
I dont care for Zuckerberg and his stuff. So I just choose not to participate. 

On 7/29/2022 at 10:59 AM, ElectroSoldier said:

Junior catagory models are getting better and better every year.

Now that is good to hear.

Regards,

Murph