Bad Trader Alert: SAM747 (Sameer)

Folks,

I hate having to do this, but I've had enough. I shipped Sameer a Hasegawa 1/48 F4U-5N on June 10th or so. He received it a week or two after that. Since then, he's been making up excuses left and right. First he sent the kit with the wrong address and not enough postage. Next he had no money, but all kinds of new job offers and didn't have time to send it. After that, he was working 17-18 hours per day for 5 weeks straight. He claims he mailed it a couple weeks ago, but still no sign of it. If you're that busy and poor, maybe you shouldn't engage in transactions you can't complete.

Deal with SAM747 (Sameer) at your own risk!!!!!

Regards,

Ken

I too hate to do this but I too have been waiting a while for our trade.he had go at me claiming kit arrived damaged but backtracked when I got postal services invoved.He als had go at wife (Biltongbabe) for her asking when deal would be completed.i too got exact same excuses but had to keep emailing him to get info.

I too say deal with sam747 at your own risk

weegie

:wacko:

Hi,

First of all i dident made any excuses to anybody and dident lead anybody on to something i wouldent be able to fulfill from my end, secondly for the last 3-4 months had some serious problems regarding my employment status and dident had spare money to put on hobby thats why i was left of the hobby for sometime. My employment comes first then hobby and i tried to let everybody know about my situation with honesty and if i missed somebody my honest appologies to that party, as for all those comittments they were send or re-send out to individuals last week and were informed by PMs here on ARC!!.

As for me i dont make any comittments that i couldent keep, i repect everybody here and want to respected and keep my integraty with everybody.

I would have appreciated alot more if Ken Young would have emailled me directly instead of trying to blame me as bad trader in front of the whole world, Now this tells me if i ever incounter any delay or problem with some individual i should do the same way as its been done to me. Sorry but this is how its going to be from now on!!...

I am sorry for the delay from my end but things were not in my hand due to lack of employement and then working 16-18 hrs 6 days a week towards getting my first pay cheque which i got after 5 weeks of working!!

If any individuals who traded with me here still feels unsatisfied pls email me at :Smr_747[at]yahoo.com

Sameer Haqqi

Now this tells me if i ever incounter any delay or problem with some individual i should do the same way as its been done to me. Sorry but this is how its going to be from now on!!...

Hi Sameer,

I'm not aware of the exact situation , but I think that once you explained the reason to all the buyers they'll understand and clear you of any blame. I feel bad for you that your life wasn't easy over the last few months. At the same time, I must say I feel very uneasy with this quoted statement of yours. I do not think that you are justified to give others the same "unfair" treatments that you think you received. I am not going to chase a person down the hallway to return a punch just because that person has accidentally run into me. Our world is messed up enough... This is my POV. :P

Yang

Now this tells me if i ever incounter any delay or problem with some individual i should do the same way as its been done to me. Sorry but this is how its going to be from now on!!...

that statement,will remind me not to trade with you even if you do come good with the people still waiting for their goods...

Iron Eagle i know what you mean, but these were not the first time i ever traded kits with sdy, i have been trading kits for long time and i myself have encountered same situations with certain individuals, I dident blasted them off the way Ken did to me!!, i have waited months at time and there is one trade imin between for almost year now but i am still patient and understand other parties situation...I could do the same here to him and distory if creditability but i dident and dont plan to either, this is a hobby and it should be treated as hobby, now i am getting this impression that some individuals here run business too for which i cant say much except that this is a hobby to me and i regard this as hobby and dont go out and distory peoples credibilites specially when communication has been kept and evey involved partyis fully aware of the situation.

Cheers,

Sameer

Sameer,

The way I see it, there are three main rules of trading model kits. I've lived by these rules for all my trades over on Hyperscale and I've never had a deal go bad.

1) Be completely honest with the guy you're trading with. If you don't have the item or can't afford to send it, don't enter a deal. If you really want an item someone is offering, tell them the situation you're in and see if he'll hold it until you can afford the transaction. I've been in your shoes before, and I know most traders will work with you.

2) Don't wait to send out your kit until your trading partner’s kit arrives. He's taking a risk too sending it to you in the blind. The system is based on mutual trust. However, I have see some international traders from eastern Europe actually insist on sending their stuff first to make sure it arrived OK. If you're flat out, financially incapable of sending it, perhaps you should re-evaluate your financial priorities.

3) Whatever you do, don't continue to make deals with folks when you have several outstanding trades you can't make good on. It's insulting to all the folks still waiting for their stuff.

I checked your post history and you've been making deals for the past three months with other folks. Based on the replies here and over on Hyperscale, several folks are still waiting for their stuff. You told me in a PM that you shipped my kit on September 6th. Since you've said that several times during the course of our 3 month long trade, I didn't really believe you sent it. Despite that, I decided to wait two weeks to see if it would arrive before posting here. Well, it's been over two weeks and still no kit.

I really hope you did send the kit. This message board will be the first to know about it.

Ken

Well Ken things were not as bad as they turned on me and thats why i notified everybody i was dealing with, now you cant say that i dident said anything and never answered any PMs and emails!, You knew and rest of the fellows knew what happened with me in full communication and they all said exaclty what i told you, so its not that i am lieing or hiding away that you came on message board and took out your anger on me!, i still have deals going on with other guys who havent send me there part of deals and in one case its almost year now since i sended my part of the deal but doesnt matter how upset or angry i was i kept it in more mature and adult way by talking to the person on one on one way!, Well now as i said earlier all the kits were posted last week on saturday so they are on the way to there desinations, now i dont have any control over the mail system and if anything returned for any reason i will notify the party right on the message board.

I look forward to dealing with guys here on ARC in future.

Sameer

Sameer,

Dude, you still don't get it. Did you even read my three simple rules for trading model kits? I don't know what fantasyland you live in, but just because someone else ripped you off doesn't mean it's OK for you to do the same thing to other folks.

I never said you didn't answer my PMs. I said you gave me every excuse in the book for not sending the kit you owed me!

So you sent all the kits out last Saturday? Well, you told me in a private message dated September 11th that you shipped all your outstanding trades on Monday, September 6th. I just caught you telling another lie. You need to grow up and stop acting like a two year old.

BTW, I made this public because you've continued to make deals with other modelers during the past three months. There are many honest traders on ARC and HS and they deserve to know what kind of person you are. I only regret I have is waiting too long to post my complaint on this forum.

Ken

Just to add my 2 pennies worth to this.Weegie is involved in a trade with sam747 and had asked me to contact sam747 to find out what was going on.I got back a really rude email demanding to know why I was asking and what right did steve (weegie) have to involve me in the trade and that I had no right to ask and it was rude of me to become involved.Not only that but he also had go at weegie for asking me to contact him.This despite me having explained the reason was that Weegie was on his week of nights and had no time to contact sam747.I have never before on ARC been spoken to via email in the way that sam747 spoke to me.

I too say that if anyone wants to trade with sam747 then trade at your peril.Oh and agree with Habu2 about the number of 'projects' you have on the go sameer especially as you say you dont have the time etc etc etc.

Biltongbabe

Well habu2 (Not Habu Daniel)as for my on going project list, they are listed on the screen as on going but i havent have touched them in months now!!, this dosent mean that i if started something months back and due to my problems i cant even list them and work on them with materials i already have!!!!.... and as for Biltonbabe i dident knew till that time you are the wife of WEEGIE!, i got to know about it as soon Weegie answered my email right after your email...Since i dident knew you i found that very unethical and rude for somebody to poke into the deal i have going without telling me who it was and just asking about the deal's situation!, Biltonbabe i am sorry on my part but i hope you can see my point of view to where i was came from at that time.....

And Ken next time i'll be more specific with dates to when things were send out or came in and wont just say last week or 2 weeks or something in vague nature , i'll be more cautious about these things and thanks for you guidence.

Cheers,

Sameer

• 2 weeks later...

They were all posted on 11th Sept, your's too was part of the posted kits, i havent had any returns this time except of one that went to go Ottawa ,so all i can say they are in mail somewhere. I mailed out all the kits cheapest way by regular mail so this is all i can say. They were mailed out and are out of my hands so not much now i can do except wait till all of you guys get your kits.

Cheers,

Sameer :thumbsup:

Sigtau

Im really understand you man.

I had trade a kit one year ago with a guy here in Greece (STILL WAITING FOR THE KIT) wich also is and and chief editor in a Greek Modelling magazine and many of his articles is posted on Fine Scale Modeler,Air Forces Monthly etc but this guy was a true cheat.

Now the case is gonna go on court,

I have heard so many excuses in one year than all my life.

one time his wife was in hospital,the other time his house had some dammages and he had to repair them,One time the kit canopy was broken and he was waitin a reply part from Hasegawa etc etc etc.But a year was passed and still the kit is not here.

I tried to do and an accusation to the IPMS Greece magazine and they didnt accept them to be posted even i was send al the conclusive evidence.

Im watchin this post since was posted and you havent receive your kit in all this time.

Propably the trader is bringing the kit himself to you by walking.

• 2 weeks later...

I just think that it really sucks when you do the trade and never receive the kit,it is not about the value of the kit that you lose,it is about trust in other people.I was cheated on ebay a couple of times (out of 100 deals that went good) and after that I became so wary about ebay,that at the end I just closed my account with them.It wasn't loss of money that was bothering me,but I just didn't trust people any more (regardless of feedback).

I know that if I was in sam747's shoes that I wouldn't be getting much sleep lately,but I don't know,everybody is different I gues. :D

I hope that you guys get your kits at the end. :lol:

Weegie, I think it is a little early to complain here after 4 weeks waiting. If it was sent the cheapest way, it my take up to 12 weeks, depending where on the planet you are. 4-6 weeks from USA to Europe seems normal if it is surface mail. Yes, sometimes it is faster. It even takes 2-4 weeks from the UK to Germany by surface mail! :lol:

Yesterday, I received a package from Hong Kong, which was mailed 8 weeks ago, so there is really no need for worry. If you want it fast, you'll have to have it shipped it by air mail, and that is more expensive. Probably more than the value of the item you traded. You just have to make up your mind if you want if within a week, or in the next 10 weeks.

Lancer512,

I've been waiting 4 months, not 4 weeks. Sameer (SAM747) claimed he has mailed the kit several times during this time period.

He lives in Canada, and I live in the USA. It's been 6 weeks since he last claimed he mailed it and still nothing. I don't think there is a shipping method from Canada to the USA that takes this long.

I've pretty much written it off at this point.

Ken

Ken, regarding this waiting period of six weeks that the parcel is supposed to have been shipped, I'd like to direct your attention to this thread.  Apparently a strike has been going on at Canadian customs.

Hot wanting to get into the argument here, I just have a question about Customs. Seeing as how the package is going from Canada to the US, wouldn't it be US Customs that would be dealing with it and not Canada Customs (outbound packages are delt with by the Customs agency of the country of entry are they not)? If that's the case, then there should be no reason for the kit to be held up as there are no work issues here with US Customs. Again, just a question...I know nothing about the above deal so I don't want to get into it.

Regards,

Don :lol:

Hi guys!

I am from Canada, I traded with Sameer three months ago!!! It took 2 days from my home to his home for delivery!!!And, I am still waiting for my Myrt!I asked several times, if he is not able to fufill his trade, to send back my part of the trade!

I got many e-mail from builders of that region, and....it is not good!!

I am still waiting after all e-mails telling he got all sort of problems, and that the Post are so bad up here (never happened to me!!) The only bad tradeI got in maybe 100 is there!!

So my friend Sameer, if you are a good Trader, do youir end of the deal, otherwise, send back what I sended to you!

I think a reputation is worth more than a few dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now he wants to buy an airbrush???????

For someone with little money and a lot of outstanding debts (kits) that you can't afford to post, you can afford an airbrush?

Seems strange to me.

Are you and Jean related somehow Sameer?

Chris :lol: :D :) :D

Who's getting fed up by these guys ripping us decent, moral persons off