Bad Trader Alert: SAM747 (Sameer)

Weegie, I think it is a little early to complain here after 4 weeks waiting. If it was sent the cheapest way, it my take up to 12 weeks, depending where on the planet you are. 4-6 weeks from USA to Europe seems normal if it is surface mail. Yes, sometimes it is faster. It even takes 2-4 weeks from the UK to Germany by surface mail! :lol:

Yesterday, I received a package from Hong Kong, which was mailed 8 weeks ago, so there is really no need for worry. If you want it fast, you'll have to have it shipped it by air mail, and that is more expensive. Probably more than the value of the item you traded. You just have to make up your mind if you want if within a week, or in the next 10 weeks.

Actually its been longer than a month that weegie's been waiting. More like nearer three. We gave him the first month for free.

We have communicated with him and have had so many promises that it will be , is about to be and has been posted out, that it's now becoming a pain in the a**e.

Trust is a two way street and this one has obviously hit a dead end. Weegie is a very patient man and to ask for either the kit he was promised or the one he traded for is not too much to ask.

Even in the financial state we are in we still manage to be honest and trade what we say we will. Can sam747 say the same?

biltongbabe- weegie's wife

I dont what more to say to you guys then what i said before about mailling your kits on 11 Sept, One of the kits got returned which belongs to R.Maher which i will be re-mailing again to him tommarow!, as for others as far as i am concerned they are all somewhere in mail between Canada and USA, Now as for airbush, i am moving on with my life and yes one thing what ive learned not to send kits with regular mail anymore!!, these trades have just become more frustrating then any other part of hobby.

As for Ebay, i have closed my account also, i got ripped of few times and have lost quite a bit money, i dont trust it anymore.

Regards,

Sameer/Sam747

I dont what more to say to you guys then what i said before about mailling your kits on 11 Sept, One of the kits got returned which belongs to R.Maher which i will be re-mailing again to him tommarow!,

Is that the same kit you posted about having being returned on October 8th? So, almost 3 weeks later you still haven't bothered to re-send this person's package? Seems to me like you're not trying too hard to fulfill your part of these trades. I've read your postings and there's no way I'd ever trade with you- too many excuses and too much whining about how frustrating the trades have become for you- although it seems everyone else is waiting for you to complete your end of the deal.

i got ripped of few times and have lost quite a bit money, i dont trust it anymore.

I think you've just echoed the sentiments of everyone who's been dealing with you.

They were mailed out and are out of my hands so not much now i can do except wait till all of you guys get your kits.

Sameer,

As I suggested to another trader getting bad publicity, how about posting scans of the receipts for all of these packages you have shipped?

That might ease some minds.

Regards

Ken

Sameer,

We've never actually dealt before, so I think I can be objective. You appear to be "washing your hands" of your various trades, which is an unfair way of doing things. To cover your own tail, you should always get a receipt for shipments, and if possible, use a method of shipment that can be traced if things go "missing in transit".

To make my point, take a look at some of phantom's post about TwoBobs sending him decals THREE times due to 'lost in the mail'. It would have been much easier for Bob to simply say, "I mailed him, tough luck", and it is his right to do so. He didn't. He made every effort to ensure his customers received what they paid for. I have had similar situations ordering from Eagle Designs. My order was lost somewhere between Italy and Canada, and the owner of Eagle Desings recast my order, shipped it to me again, free of charge. Again, on a multi-kit urchase, the kits were lost somehwere in transit. The person I bought them from refunded all of my money, and simply gave me instructions that if they ever showed up, he'd trust me to repay.

Do you see what I'm getting at? There is honor among traders. The people who you have traded with would like the items they were promised. I have two suggestions for you on how to resolve this.

1) Purchase new kits, and resend them, If your traders receive a double shipment, they can return the double shipment (this will depend on you trusting them, like they have trusted you, or yu can allow them to keep it in exchange for the aggravation)

2) Return the items (or $) you received, since your traders did not receive their end of the deal.

Some words of advice for you for going forward:

1) Never use the cheapest route of shipping, especially for trades in Canada. Sending a kit XpressPost in Canada is going to run you a total of $10-12Cdn. You get a receipt AND a tracking number for online tracking, as well as automatic insurance for up to $100.

2) Trades in US: Send your end of the trade Expedited Parcel. This will cost from $12-15Cdn for a single kit to be shipped to the US, with about one week delivery. You get a receipt AND a tracking number.

3) Int'l Trades: Ask the person which method they would like, and act accordingly. Inform them that airmail is very expensive from Canada, and ask is surface is OK, but advise them that delivery for surface is going to be quite long (at least a month, maybe longer)

Not trying to brag, but the above suggestions, and shipping practices have landed my name on the "Good Trader" list more than a few times. In the grand scheme of things, what's a few extra bucks to ensure your "customers" receive their goods.

Sorry for the long post, but it is my policy to not trade with (or even help for that matter) people on the "Bad trader" list, unless I personally know otherwise, or I see some resolution.

Looking forward to weegie, R.Maher, and sigtau getting some resolution.

:thumbsup:

Simithery and Emil you guys have pointed me in right direction about Canada post and mailing services, honestly this what i never wanted to happen but its has gone in that direction!, as i am doing with another trader, i will be resending him another CD to replace the one which never arrrived, so same goes for Weggie and Ken.

R.Maher i am just about to head out and re post your Myrt kit and i just wanted to re check your address, as for Weggie and Ken i have decided to find same kits again which i promised i will send them to you and now i will re send them the way Simithery adviced, pls just bare with me for little more and i am for certain you will get your kits this time around. I am going to look for kits at model show by the end of Oct (31 Oct).

I will do whatever it take in my resources to over come this issue.

Regards,

Sameer

(Ken Middelton i thought of the same last night)

pls just bare with me for little more and i am for certain you will get your kits this time around. I am going to look for kits at model show by the end of Oct (31 Oct).

Oh puh-leeze. This is starting to sound very similar to the Victor Koh situation- he was always 'just going' to put it right, he just needed a bit more time. Stalling tactics. I think you've had long enough.

Here's a suggestion for you.

- Find out if Weegie and Richard will accept payment instead of the kits you keep promising them.

- If so, go to your Post Office, buy International Money Orders to the full value of your kits (you'd have to spend that money anyway to buy the kits again at the 'model show'). You'll get a traceable receipt from the Post Office.

- E-mail copies of the receipts to the two traders.

- Mail the Money Orders by regular air-mail to the recipients- letters won't get held up by any customs strikes.

- Do it TODAY, no excuses, and settle this once and for all.

Hi,

Richard Maher i have mailed out your Myrt kit this afternoon by Expidted mail, you should get it in next two days.

Biltonbabe i am trying to do my best with this situation asap!, just give me till next monday Nov 01 and if i dident find another DC6 kit i will then ask you to tel me what Viking kit costed you and i will refund you in US MO and i will send it registard mail, Or if this dosent satisfy you then do tell me what kit costed you and i will go with that route. Personally if i was in your shoes i would have asked of kit!, but thats me.

Same for Ken Young(Sigtu), once your kits are founded i will send them to you by Expidted mail...If i had multiple of the same kits i would have send them out today.

As for others watching this situation, i am doing my best right now and im sure this ordeal will be setteled in next few days!(01 Nov), so pls dont damage my reputation more then its already been. I want myself to put end to this situation soon as possible. I want to get into good books of people once again specially Weegie and Ken Young's.

Kind regards,

Sameer

Hi,

Richard Maher i have mailed out your Myrt kit this afternoon by Expidted mail, you should get it in next two days.

Biltonbabe i am trying to do my best with this situation asap!, just give me till next monday Nov 01 and if i dident find another DC6 kit i will then ask you to tel me what Viking kit costed you and i will refund you in US MO and i will send it registard mail, Or if this dosent satisfy you then do tell me what kit costed you and i will go with that route. Personally if i was in your shoes i would have asked of kit!, but thats me.

Same for Ken Young(Sigtu), once your kits are founded i will send them to you by Expidted mail...If i had multiple of the same kits i would have send them out today.

As for others watching this situation, i am doing my best right now and im sure this ordeal will be setteled in next few days!(01 Nov), so pls dont damage my reputation more then its already been. I want myself to put end to this situation soon as possible. I want to get into good books of people once again specially Weegie and Ken Young's.

Kind regards,

Sameer

Sorry Sameer,

I don't see why I should have to wait another week just so you can go looking for 'another DC6 kit'! :thumbsup: .

Sorry but ain't prepared to wait to see if you can get another DC6 kit.

the cost of the Viking kit here in UK was £19.99 (check out hannants site to confirm price).I do not want it in US funds as when exchanging dollars to sterling we tend to lose out on the exchange rate.

we did ask you to return the viking kit but you were adamant you wanted to keep the kit and the DC6 kit would be posted out to us that week.

do you think it's fair to ask us to wait another week when we have waited three months and have had so many empty promises made?.

please forward £19-99 STERLING this week or I will be forced to seek legal advice. :cheers:

Weegie

Weegie,

Wait a sec here, well the way i would wait for another kit is because my original kit is somewhere in mail that i sended to you on 11 sept!!! ;) , secondy when i got your kit it was badly crushed box, i did informed you with condition details how i recieved it :angry::angry: !!, what you should have done was to pack this flimsy thin card board kit box in solid carton box to send over sea!, but you decided to put thin bubble wrap in the box , sqash taped it and then JUST wrapped it in brown paper wrap and mailed it out to me!!!.

I was very much dishartened with the trade after how i recieved it!, one fuselage halve, one halve of the wing and clear canopy piece were crushed in between its travel to Canada!, sorry Weegie if i was the one who would have that kit in such a thin flimsy box i surly would have packed in tough carton box with peanuts around the kit for more certainty that you would recieve it in usable condition!!! :angry:

Even after this i still said to myself, wait and see if i can fix it or do something to get it in buildable shape...i informed you all what i am repeating here again.

Yes i do take responsibily for all this delay which was not my intend to do when i accepted the trade, unfortunately at that time things in my life took a wrong turn which i dident had control off.

If i knew this would have my rep suffer so bad with all this mess, i should have returned your kit back to you in the first place!!, one thing i know if it was somebody else he would have done it that way, but its my heart that wanted to fix this kit after which i said i'll go ahead and send you Heller DC6 kit which is far superiour kit then Marqueet's Viking kit!...

I had gone through same experience myself a with one of the guys on HS earlier this year, my part of trade got crushed in mail between US and Canada, so instead of asking him for his part of the trade i myself offered him something else to make up to him, but he said its ok since its just plastic i dont have to send him anything more to make up...

Now after all this, even after my kit is in mail somewhere, i am still willing to bend over and first try to find another kit before sending you money for the price of Viking kit, I dont want to lose more then what i have already lost...Now do you see my point!.

Regards,

Sameer :angry:

we did ask you to return the viking kit but you were adamant you wanted to keep the kit and the DC6 kit would be posted out to us that week.

As the quote says we did ask you to return the kit. As for the carboard-it was the same stuff we had TV delivered in and have used it for various other kits that have been sent out with the recipient recieving them in good condition. The box was then wrapped in brown paper and the ends were then taped off with quite a fair amount of parcel tape to protect them and the kit. We have not had such problems before with how we wrapped our parcels.

You also asked us how we wanted to proceed with this trade and I told you that I wanted the cash. We told you in the beginning of all this mess that we had sought advice so you were also aware of were we stood.

Weegie

C'a mon Weegie why all of sudden i just recieved your PM after all this long!!....What are you trying to hide!! <_<

Ogee sure go ahead and try to send out TV in thin bubble wrap with bit of thin tape placed in thin card board box (same Marquette kits ) and for sure it will cross the ocean and arrive at the other end in same condition as sended out!!, Listen we all at different stages of our lives have moved TVs around so just keep that to yourself and take some resposibility too on your end.....

Sameer