Harrier Gr.3 Rocket Pods question

I've embarked on some foolishness... I'm trying to recreate the "look" of a salvo from a Harrier circa The Falklands War. 

Would any of you knowledgable ARCers have any idea about the sequence for a full salvo from a rocket pod? 

Is it a random firing sequence, or something more like a clockwise solution, or something else?

Any ideas are welcome!

Andy

Here is a Harrier firing off rockets:

R.e11c8dca0817f844a926552eca340f49?rik=I

don't know the exact sequence they fire but tubes next to each other don't fire next. Here is a LAU-3 showing it's firing sequence:

post-15260-0-52904100-1438893456.jpg

Jari

If you weren't already aware the Gr.3 Harrier used 2" 36 round Royal Navy rocket pods in the Falklands when deployed from the carriers, not SNEB pods as they were not EM shielded from shipborne radar emissions. Relatively easy to spot as there are 3 rows of rockets rather than the 2 of SNEB pods. They are available in a few kits or in resin (or were)

See the source image

-------------

17 hours ago, barkin mad said:

If you weren't already aware the Gr.3 Harrier used 2" 36 round Royal Navy rocket pods in the Falklands when deployed from the carriers, not SNEB pods as they were not EM shielded from shipborne radar emissions. Relatively easy to spot as there are 3 rows of rockets rather than the 2 of SNEB pods. They are available in a few kits or in resin (or were)

See the source image

-------------

Yes they did but I think the OP is asking about the now classic picture posted above that does show SNEB rocket pods.

At some point in the distant past I seem to remember reading a book that discribed the firing sequence of those rockets in that picture but I cant for the life of me remember what book it was.

It was some considerable time ago, maybe published in the mid 80s... I cant find it on my bookshelf though, which is odd.

I promise I didn't borrow it!🤔😉

At this point I think I've enough basic info that will hopefully convey the idea, and yes Electro, that photo is my main reference.

Thank you all... I might even make it my first post in the Display if I'm happy with it!

Andy

2 hours ago, ExchefAndy said:

I promise I didn't borrow it!🤔😉

At this point I think I've enough basic info that will hopefully convey the idea, and yes Electro, that photo is my main reference.

Thank you all... I might even make it my first post in the Display if I'm happy with it!

Andy

Are you sure!!! 🤔

Its a totally iconic picture of the harrier, adorned many a bedroom wall of an air cadet here in the UK Im sure.

I looked over my books again after writing that post, I cant find it at all Im sorry...

Ill tell you what though I seem to remember that picture is from a video.

And I think it was featured on a show about aerospace forces on the Discovery channel many many years ago... 20+ years ago at least I saw it.

But its a video and you see it shooting its rockets from start to finish.

ElectroSoldier,

The fact that you looked is very much appreciated... frankly awesome!🤘🍻

I'll look for the footage, but I think it's going to be a little artistic license. 

Wish me luck!

Andy

Beers on me😁

Edited by ExchefAndy