I'm building the 1/72 scale AMT KC-135A tanker and want to use the Caracal set No. CD72020 General Purpose Markings. The instructions state for more detailed diagrams, go to a web page on Caracal's site. I do so, and the page says "work in progress." Was this ever completed? The sheet is a couple of years past issue. Has the info been archived somewhere?

I update these references using a script (short computer program) that is flaky. It might be that the update never worked - I will address it when I get back to the US. In the meantime you can refer to the reference info for 144004

21 minutes ago, F-16 said:

I also noticed that all of the listings in your 1/48 basics instructions page are not working either. All you get is a "blank, white" page when downloaded. http://www.caracalmodels.com/basics/

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Interesting, because I click on them and get the PDF file immediately. Could it be a problem in your system/browser not being able to view PDF files?

2 hours ago, KursadA said:

Interesting, because I click on them and get the PDF file immediately. Could it be a problem in your system/browser not being able to view PDF files?

Works for me too.

Jon

I just looked over some of your subjects with interest and noticed that on your A-1 Skyraider sheet "Stump Jumper" is depicted with a white belly/underside. I believe that this particular aircraft flew with a black underside - at least that´s how I modelled it, using Eagle Strikes decal set instructions. I do not claim that I´m "right", I just noticed the difference.

HAJO

1 hour ago, Hajo L. said:

I just looked over some of your subjects with interest and noticed that on your A-1 Skyraider sheet "Stump Jumper" is depicted with a white belly/underside. I believe that this particular aircraft flew with a black underside - at least that´s how I modelled it, using Eagle Strikes decal set instructions. I do not claim that I´m "right", I just noticed the difference.

HAJO

I used a color photo of "Stump Jumper" published in a "Wings of Fame" issue where the underside is clearly FS36622 camouflage graywithout the slightest margin for doubt in my opinion, and will stand by my choice of colors. 

Edited by KursadA

The value of reference photos is that they show what an airplane looked like at an instant in its history - about 1/250th of a second on average. The photo Kursad cites proves what it looked like for that instant. However, the photo is not evidence what the aircraft looked like earlier or later, so a black bottom is certainly possible and not necessarily incorrect on a model.🙂