Difference between Spitfires (two blade prop early Mk.Is and other Mk.I variants)

I apologize if topic has been discussed but I'm having a hard time finding info on the actual differences between what they called the "early" two-blade prop Mk.I and the "later" variants of the same mark.  Apart from the two-blade propeller (obvious difference), the flat canopy, the simple gun sight, and the right-mounted pump for the landing gears, are there any other internal or external differences between "early" and "later" Mk.Is?  What about interior paint?  I read somewhere that there's a disagreement in terms of the interior color between those early and later machines. 

Info on this is proving hard to find so if anyone could also recommend a book where these topics may be discussed it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rob

I claim total ignorance about Spitfire minutia.  This is a reasonable place to start even though it is mostly about decals...

Spitfire early war.pdf

Spitfire Mk I.pdf

Take the time to read the information.  Fundekals did a good job on their research.

C2j

Edited by Cubs2jets
add links

Great research in those Fundekals sheets. There is also the 2 prong pitot tube, which I didn't see in these instructions......

124031359_d78.thumb.jpg.4568f3b7e3725d3ef8aec322e4ae39ef.jpg

And yes there have been "discussions" over early Spitfire cockpit colour. General consensus is that Supermarine may have used something approaching Sky as the colour for Spitfire cockpits, The Supermarine S6A in the Solent Sky Museum has a very apple green type colour, but that's in a museum so may have been repainted at some point. As to what was actually used there's not much if any evidence left. If it were me, I would just take some traditional grey/green and mix something (probably lighter) with it to make it a bit different.

---------------

Edited by barkin mad

Excellent info barkin!  The color info makes sense.  I think I'll follow your advice here and use grey-green with a touch of a lighter paint and call it a day.

Very much appreciated!

Rob