Reskit Giving Lots of Love to the F-111

Following the release of their big cockpit set, Reskit seems prepared to fix even more of the HB issues. According to their Facebook, they have lots of plans for the HB F-111 over the next year:

F-111 "Aardvark" development plan 2022/23
F-111 BRU-3A Bomb Rack Units
F-111 Pylons
F-111 Triple Plow I Air Intakes
F-111 Triple Plow II Air Intakes
F-111 wheel bay with landing gear
F-111 Bomb bay
F-111 Front electronic bay

Finally. Was hoping for the intakes set at least, given how it's basically impossible to find these sets anymore (from DMold or CE or OzMods).

Wheel and bomb bays are also welcome, naturally. Hope the prices will be relatively affordable.

Edited by ijozic

This is great to see. The F-111 is the one subject the Aftermarket guys have always catered to. But at the same time kit manufacturers seem to always neglect. Thank god for Reskit!

15 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Maybe in '23 or '24 it will be buildable then.

I spent several weeks fixing mine, it put me off doing another with the control surfaces down.

That's fair. Ive got two now in the stash, but wont get to them for a while. Maybe Reskit will get it all fixed by then...

On 8/2/2022 at 1:50 PM, cruiz said:

Surely I'll get my hand at these parts for the F-111 and the planned ones for the F-105.

Hi Carlos,

What have the people at ResKit planned for the F-105? Hope it's a new corrected windshield/canopy/cockpit and spine for the good-old Monogram 1/48 kit?

Cheers,

Gwen

Hello @Gwen Phoenix

They have planned the exhaust nozzle and vertical stabilizer for the F-105G, but it is for the Hobby Boss kit.

I'm growing my stash of Trumpeter/HB evil twins of the most vaunted Monogram classics (F-100, F-105, F-106 ) and the F-111, along with every aftermarket correction I can get my hand on; these new ones from Reskit will be added to it also.

Let’s hope they plan a proper integration between wheel wells, intakes and bomb bays.  Especially the main wheel wells which are shaped to match the intake trunking.  Seems no-one gets this correct.

Also, if they’re doing the landing gear, let’s hope they get the main gear retraction equipment correct cause everyone seems to forget there’s a large tubular structure at the main folding hinge to which the retraction actuator is attached.

Fingers crossed that their CAD designers used actual photos and measurements and not just 3d scanned the HB kit parts, adding minor improvements.

6 hours ago, MikeDadofFour said:

Especially the main wheel wells which are shaped to match the intake trunking.  Seems no-one gets this correct.

Scaledown did it. Only that the main wheel wells in the Scaledown scheme form a part of their pseudo-intake trunking, which is no good in comparison with DMold, Cutting Edge or Rhino's examples.

Thank god for Reskit, indeed! Let's hope they are well and surviving the Adolph Putin invasion and that the people of Ukraine are going to survive the criminal act of the Russian Third Reich. Sorry, but this whole thing makes me extremely angry. (I needed to vent...) JMHO

DET1460

(I love the Reskit products, too!)