Resolved: Tarangus 1/48th scale A32 and J32 Lansen mystery parts.

In both kits there are two oddly shaped parts numbered "16" and "17" which are not called out for use in the instructions.  Does anyone know what these vaguely trapezoidal shaped parts are for?  My first thought that it was intended to extend the height of the vertical stabilizer as an extension of the extant fin cap but that turned out to be a dead end as it lacks the length and width for that purpose.  

I have gone through both instruction sheets carefully page by page to the point that my eyes are now watering.  

This was also posted to the General Discussion forum to expand coverage.  

Edited by jeffryfontaine
Answer to question has been provided

An explanation has been provided courtesy of another modeler via the HyperScale Plane Talking Forum that has built the Tarangus Lansen and is much more knowledgeable on the subject: 

[quote]Those are shields to deflect cartridge casings away from the belly tank.  You're right, they're not in the instructions but they are visible in the marking and painting profiles.[/quote]

Link to thread: Tarangus 1/48th scale A32 and J32 Lansen mystery parts.

• jeffryfontaine changed the title to Resolved: Tarangus 1/48th scale A32 and J32 Lansen mystery parts.