On 8/5/2022 at 11:29 PM, habu2 said:

I have an idea....  😎

My idea worked.  “Rodd” just PM’d me with a near identical message:

The last time I purchased parts from Mr Michael
He mentioned he had a Entex 1/8 JPS Lotus 72 for sale. Hit him up Michaelmckemie51@gmail.com he might still have what you looking for.

“Rodd” has Zero posts, he uses his account here only to try to scam people. I’d suggest banning him but probably better to let everyone know his current username and be forewarned of his scam tactics.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/profile/64767-rodd/

Edited by habu2
On 8/4/2022 at 11:05 AM, longmc said:

The authentic vfa-81 sunliners sheet. I just needed a set of lo vis fuel tank markings.

Which scale? I used to carry the Authentic decals line when Vagabond was selling direct to consumer, and I have a bunch of his 1/72 stuff left in the archives. I MIGHT even have a 1/48 copy left. It'll take me a few days to rummage through, though, since we just moved into our new home, and I'm unpacking, setting up, hanging pictures and all the other fun things you do when you buy a house. If I've got what you need, it's yours.

3 hours ago, MHaz said:

Which scale? I used to carry the Authentic decals line when Vagabond was selling direct to consumer, and I have a bunch of his 1/72 stuff left in the archives. I MIGHT even have a 1/48 copy left. It'll take me a few days to rummage through, though, since we just moved into our new home, and I'm unpacking, setting up, hanging pictures and all the other fun things you do when you buy a house. If I've got what you need, it's yours.

It’s the 1/48 sheet. If you have it tgat would be great and I’d be glad to pay you for them. I’m in no rush, I only really need the fuel tank markings from it.

cheers

Mike

21 minutes ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Another potential scammer...

910057045_ScreenShot2022-08-28at4_14_28PM.thumb.png.47ab0268df454d47409d5f7239c5a289.png

Same Rodd user and same @gmail as the one I received. Wonder if he sent that to you before he was banned by phantom or if he found a way around the ban?

29 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Same Rodd user and same @gmail as the one I received. Wonder if he sent that to you before he was banned by phantom or if he found a way around the ban?

Sent yesterday at 2:55 AM.

Looks like I escaped from 2 of those scammers.

The first one because I never contacted his source.

Jegele91746
Started conversation: August 3

The only guy I know that might have one, or know where one is freeman. 
Dayvee I haven't seen him on here for a long time. 
He also didn't return my last couple of phone calls. (I don't think I ever did anything to get on his shoot list.) 
Here's his email freeman_corey@aol.com

The second one said this:

rodd

Started conversation: yesterday at 02:12 AM

The last time I purchased parts from Mr Michael
He mentioned he had a Verlinden 1/32 RF-4C Cockpit Detail Set (1126) for sale. Hit him up Michaelmckemie51@gmail.com he might still have what you looking for.
Cheers Mate and stay safe  

I had contacted "Michael" and got as far as agreeing on a price ($50), but he refused my sending him either a Money Order from my Credit Union or a USPS Money Order.

He said this:

"Since you use a Credit Union, I’ll like you to make the payment using Zelle or Cashapp which doesn’t require any fee."

I wound up telling him I didn't want to load a money transfer app on my phone for just one purchase, and to forget it.

I need to pay attention to that little voice in my head that says "How bad do you really need this set?"

Larry

I was contacted by Rodd too... I emailed Mr. Michael, and quickly realized it was a scammer, took a hard pass on a spare kit part the size of a quarter he wanted $35 for.  The very next day I started getting a dozen spam emails a day in my email. Coincidence? I tend to think not...

Edited by bluedot25
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, fistius said:

Got another one, yujhh76, brand new member, telling me that Louis09 has posted a few days ago with exactly what I’m after, I just need to email mikescott6678@gmail.com. These A-holes are on the increase.

Just got the same thing from him for the Xotic P-64 I am looking for. The thing is he just joined 2 hours ago, so how would he know about a post from a few days ago? I almost fell for it until I did a search on louis09 and found this thread

4 hours ago, hsr said:

Just got the same thing from him for the Xotic P-64 I am looking for. The thing is he just joined 2 hours ago, so how would he know about a post from a few days ago? I almost fell for it until I did a search on louis09 and found this thread

He just did it to me about a set of A-20 moveable surfaces.

9 hours ago, fistius said:

Got another one, yujhh76, brand new member, telling me that Louis09 has posted a few days ago with exactly what I’m after, I just need to email mikescott6678@gmail.com. These A-holes are on the increase.

Cheers, Chris

Just got the exact same one!

16 hours ago, fistius said:

Cheers, Chris

I got this message today, same names and email address in connection with an italeri tiger cat f7 I'm looking for. 

should have know I was getting scammed, 1/32 F-5E Blck Box Cockpit for $35 dollars....a month ago texted seller said the guy who has the item is in the hospital, new member contacted me same drill, totally different person on Paypal account...verify any way you can....

On 12/2/2022 at 10:08 PM, fistius said:

Cheers, Chris

ha! Me too, from yujhh76:

You must have missed the post of louis09 about trumpeter 1/350 USS Momsen for sale some days ago... I asked him about it and he said it's still available with him. Here's his Email mikescott6678@gmail.com

I recommend an occasional fake post, say once a week, to bait the scammer, then reply and tell him to piss off.  Do it enough and hopefully they will get the message.  That is what I did, but they may know my name now.  I posted a wanted add for a 1/48 scale winged mustang oil pan.  Every modeler on here probably recognizes there is no such thing and a few will recognize that it describes the oil pan fitted to a Mustang GT-350r.  I hope the scammers are reading this as well, we are experts on models and their related parts, the scammers don:t know a fraction of what we do and we need to own them.  Making them worried they are wasting their time here.

Edited by Cbk57

Rod,

I have been contacted at least three times by scammers claiming to have what I need. The first red flag to me is poor grammer as it seems to be a common scammer trait. They are scammers for certain if they ask for Paypal F&F and the email address differs from that the scammer wants the payment sent to. Also, if the price is high say for a kit decal sheet then that is another red flag. Recently one clown wanted $50 for sheet which I knew was bogus. The last scammer that tried me did not provide a pic of the decals and never responded back.

As a footnote several months ago I got scammed by a clown who hacked a friend's email address. So if you get a request from a friend asking for a gift card or such for a cancer victim for example do not fall for it.

Hope you find what you want.

Kevin