Hobby shop in Los Angeles

Depends on what part of LA you're talking about. There's Burbank House of Hobbies which is about 12 miles from Downtown LA. It's a small shop but has a pretty good selection of kits and building supplies to choose from. There's also Brookhurst Hobbies, but it's a bit south of LA. About 30 miles as the crow flies. There are a few more east of LA, but they cater more to RC modelers. They do have a plastic selection, but they're a limited on their stock and a bit pricier. If you need more info, feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

-O

If you are up in the San Fernando Valley (northern part of Los Angeles)  there is also Smith Brothers Hobbies in Reseda.

https://www.smithbrothershobbycenter.com/

Last time I was in there they have several collections of older kits mixed in with new release items.

Burbank House of Hobbies probably has the better selection of new release items

I have never been to - but always wanted to go check out Brookhurst! Some of my favorite items in my collection have Brookhurst price tags on them so I figure it must be full of great stuff! lol

If you're visiting LA and have a car... I'd definitely recommend Burbank House of Hobbies and Brookhurst. 

If you can, do on a weekend - ideally in the mornings. You'll be able to avoid at least some of the traffic depending how far you're going. 

Check what times they open online and be there early. 

Brookhurst has a little of everything - new kits, older kits, armor/aircraft/scifi/ships/etc, large (but random) aftermarket selection and older decals too, good selection of paints and supplies too. The aftermarket boxes and decal binders are worth a dig through, you never know what you might find! 

Burbank is a much smaller shop, but they stock well - mostly newer kits but they sometimes get collections too. 

Good selection of supplies and the "newer" paint lines, etc too. 

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

-Anthony