1/72 EF-111A- Monogram

I need something easy to get my aircraft mojo back. I haven't had very good luck lately so I want to ease my way back in with something simple and not overly complicated. This kit looks like it is going to be a fast one and seems to have a good shape and looks the part. Here is the start. I have the cockpit partially done and wanted to see how it fit in the fuselage, so far it seems to be a decent fit. Now to disassemble it and finish the cockpit assembly.

Raven 1.JPG

Raven 2.JPG

Raven 3.JPG

Raven 5.JPG

Raven 6.JPG

Thanks, I am taking my time as Aardvarks are not my area of expertise. I am still trying to figure out colors. Monogram says landing gear and bays are white, Revell's new repop of the kit  says gray. I just checked out a Desert Storm site and they all looked pretty much white. I want to get after market decals for a Mountain Home bird.

10 hours ago, jonwinn said:

Thanks, I am taking my time as Aardvarks are not my area of expertise. I am still trying to figure out colors. Monogram says landing gear and bays are white, Revell's new repop of the kit  says gray. I just checked out a Desert Storm site and they all looked pretty much white. I want to get after market decals for a Mountain Home bird.

Here are the color call outs for my decal sheet, hope these help.

(edited)_IMG_7505.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7504.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7506.JPG

The wheel wells are FS 17875, Insignia White

Steve

Okay, I fixed all the minor issues with my nose gear bay goof. I have added nose weight and closed everything up. I also added sprue pieces next to the nose weight which in case the super glue fails these supports will barricade the weight from sliding back and forth in the fuselage. The raised detail doesn't bother me as I was building Revell and Monogram kits as a kid in the early 60s and we never got bent out of shape about panel lines, just something that never bothered me then or now.

Raven 8.JPG

Raven 9.JPG

Raven 10.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...