P-38F/G Antenna Wires?

Hey All,

I've already built the Miss Virginia from the fantastic Tamiya 1/48 P-38F/G kit, but I was looking at the box art closely today (don't ask me why), and I noticed something I'd not noticed before.  The artwork shows the 'V' shaped antenna wire going from the rear of the canopy to each of the 2 vertical stabilizers, which I included one my model.  However, I just noticed what appears to be 2 more wires, one leading from the right lower boom to somewhere out of sight, and another wire from a location on the top of the right boom, going to the rear of the right wing.  I simply never noticed that before, and I'm wondering if those wires (antennas?) are really supposed to be there, or was that some artists license by the artist?  Silly question, I know, but now it's bothering me.  Does anyone know?

On 8/9/2022 at 7:37 AM, Slartibartfast said:

Yes, Virginia, the P-38 had antenna wires.  The trick is knowing which radios were installed as they dictated when and where wires were used.  Search this forum or the interwebs for more info.

You are absolutely right, sir!  I got some fantastic information over at the Hyperscale and AeroScale forums, just as you pointed out.  Great stuff!  Thank you.