Greetings,

I have been out of military aircraft model building for a few years.  Can anybody recommend a kit to do an 1/72 scale AD-4 Sky Raider?  I can't remember the differences between the A-1H/J and the A-1D. Is the difference transparent from one version to another?

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by mark mckinnis

That's odd, I did a Korean war AD-4 and the photos showed no armor. Was it added after or late during the Korean War. Your site shows a Korean era blue AD-4 without armor and a gray over white with armor. So does it depend on the era or photo evidence?

Edited by jonwinn
10 hours ago, jonwinn said:

That's odd, I did a Korean war AD-4 and the photos showed no armor. Was it added after or late during the Korean War. Your site shows a Korean era blue AD-4 without armor and a gray over white with armor. So does it depend on the era or photo evidence?

The "armor" was added during the Korean War to blue Skyraiders. The only reason the post shows a gray/white AD as an example of the addition of armor was because that picture showed the difference better.