For your amusement.  Back in '77, my folks' early 60's Plymouth Savoy totally died.  I was 6 but I remember it well.

What I didn't know at the time was my folks typed up an obituary for the car (without publishing) to amuse themselves.  They even listed our other car ('70 Cutlass) as one of the survivors. 

Enjoy!😁😎

ApvI2uD.jpg

It's when you get older that we appreciate our parents sense of humour!

That is fantastic, a great way to send off the family car 😄

Love the way your father tried to pry of the license plates in the heat of the day... priceless

Andy

Sounds like  a real good send off for a fine car. My father had one that died too, a 1963 Belvedere Wagon with the push button transmission! RIP old faithful Mopar. P.S. was this Topsfield anywhere near the "fairgrounds"?

Edited by jonwinn
15 hours ago, jonwinn said:

P.S. was this Topsfield anywhere near the "fairgrounds"?

Bingo! Yep, that was my hometown for many years, and the "GE parking lot" in the obit was the General Electric plant in Lynn MA where dad worked, in jet engine design. 😎

38 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Holy mackerel, no!  It was mom's car primarily, and I can't imagine her driving a hemi, though I'd LOVE to see it!

On 8/10/2022 at 4:47 AM, Dutch said:

Andy, Yes, priceless. Do you have an old Polaroid of the Savoy? That would be the icing on the cake! K/r, Dutch

Man, I know we've got pics of her, but haven't found them yet....still looking....

16 hours ago, BillS said:

Must have been a fun house to live in with that kind of sense of humor!

LOL Thanks, yes, we were definitely a bit different.  My siblings and I have often talked of writing a book about our beloved father entitled "My Father Tried to Kill Me," because seems like every wonderful fatherly outing we had also resulted in a semi-major injury for one of us, despite the good intentions....