Dear Modellers

I finally managed to get this shake and bake kit together.

Was a loong shaking period, thats for sure.

Tamiya Kit in 1/48 scale.

Eduard Cockpit inside with Quinta Decals, Reedoak Pilots, KA and Reskit exhaust mix. Nose cam and probes aftermarket, Eduard Missiles Models.

Tamiya and Gunze acrylic colours and a lot of oils on top of it.

No washing worth mentioning

Enjoy

Oh, it isn`t dead on accurate, but i don`t care (edit: anymore)

I just wanted a grimey, grey Tomcat with the Skull n Bones-Scheme, since my wish for a Tomcat model had its origins in the mid nineties and i never made it past the intake trunks of Hasegawas Cats.

But then Tamiya came to my aid and made an idiot proof kit :)

tomthecat.thumb.jpg.c1a2e8054fc595726734c205b6479b8e.jpgtomcat1.thumb.jpg.3aa4ccb1c204ca16b9efa129a5971e90.jpgtomcat2.thumb.jpg.44ed71bd162ed2698d4069a1f5415237.jpgtomcat3.thumb.jpg.718818b157d39ee858a9959fae00fd0f.jpgtomcat4.thumb.jpg.00e95a34974293470c011393ed345ac9.jpg

Edited by nnkk
adding specifics

cockpit.thumb.jpg.49b6019143d59918616c9965665b7120.jpg

The cockpit wasn`t meant to be displayed with a closed canopy by Eduard, had to sand both the resin stuff and the canopy inside to get in in there.

The pilots needed hot water and some surgery, but in the end i`m relatively happy.

3 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

Georgeous work @nnkk!    The weathering looks fantastic!  When you say no washing -- you didn't use any wash on the panel lines at all?

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Yes, only on places like the landing gear doors and the fold out steps and some panels that made sense, but no wash over it all or every panel line.

It can make sense, but mostly it makes models look unnatural imho.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a lovely kit indeed. I'm building an early A in VF2 colours, grey over white.

This site below seems to show an A in grey over white with the later type TISEO pod under the chin and also the newer beaver tail - I'm wondering if that's accurate:
http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-squadron-vf002.htm. I thought the paint scheme changed to grey only before these modifications.

Any experts that can advise? Below that is also a grey over white D version. Again I'm doubtful if that is accurate.

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Sodasorb said:

Great looking Tomcat.

It's wonderful indeed.

Could anyone possibly advise however as to the below?.

This site below seems to show an A in grey over white with the later type TISEO pod under the chin and also the newer beaver tail - I'm wondering if that's accurate:
http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-squadron-vf002.htm. I thought the paint scheme changed to grey only before these modifications.

Any experts that can advise? Below that is also a grey over white D version. Again I'm doubtful if that is accurate.

Thank all.

Marc.

It's a lovely kit indeed. I'm building an early A in VF2 colours, grey over white.

Any experts that can advise? Below that (on the site above) is also a grey over white D version. Again I'm doubtful if that is accurate.

Not getting much of a reaction which is exceptional for ARC - please advise if I accidently stepped on some toes. I languish in ignorance.

Thanks.