1/72 Hasegawa F-14A- early

I had this in storage but I now want to do this along with the Aardvark. They are actually "cousins" of a sort This is Hasegawa's Bi-Centennial kit with lots of the parts for the older Tomcats, early gun,  chin pod and cockpit displays. I wanted a Wolfpack plane but couldn't find the decals I wanted, then tried to find VF-143 Aardvark decals with no luck so I decided to try and find decals from my first  Tomcat build 30 years ago, old 1/48 Monogram, Ghostriders. I lucked out and found a set of Microscale from the early to mid 70s cruise on the USS America. So here's what I have, wings and stabs done and painted, fuselage all together and ready to mask and paint. The decals should be here next week.

Tomcat 32.JPG

Tomcat 33.JPG

Tomcat 34.JPG

Microscale-F-14A VF-142 1-72 decals (2).jpg

This one will be next after this is finished, an older mold of a 1/72 Hasegawa F-14A. I have a sheet of DXM decals for VF-1 Wolfpack and will be doing an overall 16440 gray scheme from 1990. I built this kit a few years ago and it turned out rather nice for an older kit, I did it as Fast Eagle 102 from the Libyan Mig shoot down in 1981. It won't be for a while as I am off to the cooler climates of New England to enjoy a visit home with my sons and their kids and escape this horrid 100 degree Florida heat.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Edited by jonwinn
  • 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Jon, Looking good!  I see that the production juices are flowing again! K/r, Dutch

Yup, keep your eyes peeled for the up and coming RB-47E coming off the "shelf of doom" soon. LOL

That's why I did it, the old Revell 1/48 F-14A had this exact scheme, first Tomcat I ever built and I liked the scheme from 35 to 40 years ago. The kit is far superior to the old Revell-Monogram one and I don't have a lot of room so 1/72 fits my display case just fine.

• 1 month later...