Flankerman! I require a Flanker expert!

Unfortunately unable to send you a PM - says you're unable to receive. 

Looking for some info...

On the Trumpeter 1/32 Flanker - I know the tailplane pivot as molded is in the wrong spot, approx. how many mm forward from the corner did you measure to get it in a better spot? http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/modl_trump_flanker.html

Thank you ! 

-Anthony 

13 hours ago, AnthonyWan said:

Unfortunately unable to send you a PM - says you're unable to receive. 

Looking for some info...

On the Trumpeter 1/32 Flanker - I know the tailplane pivot as molded is in the wrong spot, approx. how many mm forward from the corner did you measure to get it in a better spot? http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/modl_trump_flanker.html

Thank you ! 

-Anthony 

Hi Antony!

With all due respect to Ken, I see that he jumped to the wrong conclusion. This hinge is almost in place when compared to a real aircraft.

Best regards,

Sergei

trumpflank_25.jpg

9569.png

9567.png

9568.png

Edited by Sergei Galicky, Russia
11 hours ago, Sergei Galicky, Russia said:

Hi Antony!

With all due respect to Ken, I see that he jumped to the wrong conclusion. This hinge is almost in place when compared to a real aircraft.

Best regards,

Sergei

Thank you Sergei - that's what I was after. 

Appreciate your reference photos. 
:cheers:

16 hours ago, Sergei Galicky, Russia said:

Hi Antony!

Best regards,

Sergei

trumpflank_25.jpg

9569.png

The brass rod is Ken's correction, which as you can see in the photo falls inbetween the two panel/rivet lines same as your reference photos. The arrow marked with pencil is what I assume is the wrong position in the original kit. Or so that's what I can see since as I don't have the 1/32 kit.

Edited by Inquisitor

According to the pencil line arrow, that is where the original pivot point is on the Trumpeter model. I went to Hobby Search and that brass pin is quite a bit forward on the stab than Trumpeters original pivot point, the pencil arrow in that picture of the rework.

Edited by jonwinn