F-16C Para tail solution need

Hi 

After five attempts to install F-16C tail extension in 1/48 (Tamiya) I am in need of a complete para tail solution. So far all after market tail extensions didn't fit properly and when I tried to fit it properly and sanding I ended up destroying the parts.

I believe plastic world model used to produce something like that, but it's out of production. Wasn't able to find it in any store:

Extended F16 Para-tail - 4823 
https://www.aviationmegastore.com/extended-f16-paratail-for-greek-polish-turkish-and-chilean-vipers-tamiya-4823-plastic-world-modeli-4823-model-conversion/product/?action=prodinfo&art=80620

If anyone has any solution available for sale/give-away I would really appreciate it.

Thanks 😞 

14 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Several Kinetic kits had para-tail bases, maybe someone has some spare parts?

I also tried kinetik but it doesn't fit properly .. 😞 . I am very bad with sanding so when i try to fix them i end up eating too much plastic and creating huge sink hole

3 hours ago, dimi said:

I also tried kinetik but it doesn't fit properly .. 😞 . I am very bad with sanding so when i try to fix them i end up eating too much plastic and creating huge sink hole

Mmmm, I used the Kinetic housing on my Tamiya F-16 and it fitted perfectly. I’ll see what I have in the spare box and get back to you👍🏻

6 hours ago, dimi said:

If anyone has any solution available for sale/give-away I would really appreciate it.

Thanks 😞

Hi dimi,

I bet that I'm much more inexperienced than you are, but I also needed the parapack tail for my Chilean 1/48 F-16 build. I'm using the Hasegawa kit, for which I bought the KASL resin piece. It's a drop-fit, so no need to cut and/or sand.

KASL also offer that same piece for the Tamiya kits. Good news is those are a lot easier to find than the ones for the old Hasegawa kits.

Try evilBay.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Gwen

1 minute ago, Gwen Phoenix said:

Hi dimi,

I bet that I'm much more inexperienced than you are, but I also needed the parapack tail for my Chilean 1/48 F-16 build. I'm using the Hasegawa kit, for which I bought the KASL resin piece. It's a drop-fit, so no need to cut and/or sand.

KASL also offer that same piece for the Tamiya kits. Good news is those are a lot easier to find than the ones for the old Hasegawa kits.

Try evilBay.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Gwen

I am a beginner , just on my second build and you cannot imagine my frustration...I am ashamed to send you pics of the final results of all my tries with the tail extensions...I have three (3) Tamyia vipers sitting around for last two months cause of the tail extension... 😕

You are right , i was able to find the KASL for Tamiya kits and i admit i felt so happy about it...

Thanks for the tip! 😄

4 hours ago, Nebbor said:

For the para tail:

try contacting PWMP directly at plasticworld@skynet.be

For the damaged tail:

Tamiya spare parts can be ordered via this online form: https://www.tamiya.com/japan/forms/qe_form.html

I contacted PWMP and to my surprise they replied! I will place an order from them PLUS one more piece from KASL (mentioned earlier by our friend)

1 hour ago, scotthldr said:

Mmmm, I used the Kinetic housing on my Tamiya F-16 and it fitted perfectly. I’ll see what I have in the spare box and get back to you👍🏻

Thanks for your effort. I really  appreciate it. However, i do have the Kintetik ones and they dont seem to feet. It looks like they have 1mm step on each side. Maybe i am doing something wrong..? Nevertheless...i dont have any more tails to test them since i destroyed all of them rold ..

Lets see how it goes with PWMP and KASL...

Gentlemen.. i am seeing light at the end of the tunnel !!! 

On 8/21/2022 at 4:49 AM, Da SWO said:

Don't sand pieces as long as you have been, frequent stopping should reduce the amount of "over sanding".

That's something I had to resort too.

I am still trying to figure out may way through. The biggest problem i have so far us to sand the edges where i did the filling. I heard other people referring this as "fairing the edges". So initially the seam line is not visible but i can see the edges creating shadows. in other words you can tell from the edges that there is putty under the paint. I will try to find a picture in order to explain better

On 8/21/2022 at 2:16 AM, Gwen Phoenix said:

Hi dimi,

Try evilBay.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Gwen

Hello again Gwen

Did you use the KASL F-16A/B MLU Vertical Tail Set ?
If yes, how much different is , in terms of size and shape, from the original part? What i mean is, with proper modifications, can it be used for a block50/52 F-16?

D.

Edited by dimi
1 hour ago, dimi said:

Hello again Gwen

If yes, how much different is , in terms of size and shape, from the original part? What i mean is, with proper modifications, can it be used for a block50/52 F-16?

D.

The F-16A MLU tail isn't suitable for any C variant as the leading edge of the tail is a totally different size and shape.

The AWC set, the Port side RWR on the para brake housing would need removing to represent a Hellenic a/c

3 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Swap the entire vertical tail assy instead of trying to graft an extension onto the existing tail. 

Sorry Habu didnt understand what you mean . What i am trying to find is entire tail-base with parachute so i wont have to add an extension to current original part. Is that what you mean?

3 minutes ago, scotthldr said:

The F-16A MLU tail isn't suitable for any C variant as the leading edge of the tail is a totally different size and shape.

The AWC set, the Port side RWR on the para brake housing would need removing to represent a Hellenic a/c

Up, just figured that out. KASL F-16A/B MLU Vertical Tail Set wont work for me then.

Removing the port side RWR wont be that of a problem. Issue here is that i dont want to get another tail extension. Both Kinetik and some two after market extensions did not fit properly. For a beginner like me this is a problem 😞 . Hence why i am looking for one-pice tail base + extension.

Currently counting on PWMP solution.

thanks for the help guys, Appreciate it.

6 hours ago, scotthldr said:

What’s your location in Greece? There’s another Greek modeller on here “iceman98”(Thanos), he’s based in Athens, he might be able to offer some help.

OK. will contact him. thanks

On 8/22/2022 at 4:56 PM, dimi said:

Hi Dimi,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been buried by ream after ream of paperwork.

Yes, I used the KASL F-16A/B MLU vertical tail set on my Chilean Viper build because that's the specific block 15 (ex-Dutch Koninklijke Luchtmacht) I'm doing.

K48061_1024x1024.jpg?v=1636886571

I'm quite sure it might as well be adapted to subsequent blocks with the proper fettling, but you should check references for the different bumps and humps on the tail for the block 50/52

3 hours ago, Niels said:

3D Chute has some good tails with parapacks, both A/B and C/D's available (6) 3D-chutes expert | Facebook

That's yet another good call by Niels, Dimi. I tried them, but they won't ship to Argieland. :crying2:

Cheers,

Gwen 

4 hours ago, Niels said:

3D Chute has some good tails with parapacks, both A/B and C/D's available (6) 3D-chutes expert | Facebook

Thanks Neils , I went through their products and as far as I could tell they don't have a full tail set with parapack for C/D/ but  just the extension. They have  full tail for A/B. Nevertheless, i contacted them via FB and asked them if they have.

45 minutes ago, Gwen Phoenix said:

That's yet another good call by Niels, Dimi. I tried them, but they won't ship to Argieland. :crying2:

Cheers,

Gwen 

No worries i am the same. I only opt in the forum after midnight. 3D-chutes do ship to Greece with a cost of $20 ... 😕 

12 minutes ago, Solo said:

Why don't you buy greek Grand Models set?

I did, but it doesn't fit properly and when I tried to sand it down I made it even worst 😞

When asked for help, some fellow modelers told me they had the same fitting issues with the particular tail extension. To be honest, if not the best, it's one of the best tail extensions you can get. Crisp, amazing detail (even the number of rivets match with  real pictures) good cast e.t.c. However..it does not fit as it should ..

Edited by dimi
22 minutes ago, Solo said:

Why it doesn't fit right?

The parachute is thinner than the tail base. I would have posted some pictures, but I don't have any since all my tail parts are destroyed ... 😕. Some peple stated that the resin might have shrunk hence why it does not fit and creates a step