Trumpeter's A-10A, 1/32 scale

9 hours ago, Thadeus said:

This is some extremely nice work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for You.

Thank you Thadeus. I hope I'll be keeping well until the day to place the beast on the shelf. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for answering the rivet inquire…again. It has been few years, but I remember you sharing your rivet creating method/knowledge. I don’t remember what kit it was but the result were just as good as above. So, thank you again for the tip.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:24 AM, Youngtiger1 said:

Thank you for answering the rivet inquire…again. It has been few years, but I remember you sharing your rivet creating method/knowledge. I don’t remember what kit it was but the result were just as good as above. So, thank you again for the tip.

You are welcome, Youngtiger1.

I'm always open and up to sharing my methods and "secrets" with other fellow modelers.

Cheers!

Alexander

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

After a long delay on the posting I managed to post some images concerning my progressing on the build.

Now into the main gear wells.

I soldered one element (have no idea what its name is) and pinfiled some details to fix on the area within the wells. 

And some images how they look after some more details have been added. 

Cheers!

Alexander

p.s. Please, give me a clue how to move the cursor below the images field to type below them.

0Z4A4084.JPG

0Z4A4087.JPG

0Z4A4089.JPG

0Z4A4157.JPG

0Z4A4165.JPG

0Z4A4065.JPG

Edited by Eastern
Adding more images

Some more updates. Now on the chaff/flare dispensing system.

I removed the in-kit part and scratch built the one using a part leftover from another kit. 

0Z4A3938.JPG

0Z4A3941.JPG

0Z4A3948.JPG

0Z4A3952.JPG

It is more than a year past by since I started working on the wings and only now I'm to show what I did so far.

Before gluing top and bottom parts together I added stiffening ribs of plastic 1 mm thick.

After the parts were cemented together I added some lengths of plastic to the fore edge of the wings to make the edge to be more rounded as closer to the prototype.

Then I removed the long protruding element (have no idea what it is) from where the wing forms a V shape right closer to the main gear sponson and replace it with a scratchbuild part. 

BYW, the in-kit sponsons are of a wrong shape so I had to correct them. 

0Z4A3922.JPG

0Z4A3968.JPG

0Z4A4003.JPG

0Z4A4015.JPG

8 minutes ago, lgl007 said:

Bloody 'el, where you gonna house this beast?  at 1/32 should be quite a large furniture piece 😉

-Greg

Hi Greg,

Don't worry, I've got that furniture piece all right. 🙂

The only thing to worrying about is that the build is a big time eater. LOL.

Cheers!

Alexander

Dude... this build is epic!!!  Well worth the time you are sinking into it.  Should be a real showpiece when done.  Can't wait to see the progress.  JUST DON'T RUSH IT!  it's coming along so well I'm kinda root'in for ya to make it just perfect!  I know that I have a tendency to pick up the pace when I think a project is a real time sink and that usually causes errors and more fixes...

-Greg

14 minutes ago, lgl007 said:

Dude... this build is epic!!!  Well worth the time you are sinking into it.  Should be a real showpiece when done.  Can't wait to see the progress.  JUST DON'T RUSH IT!  it's coming along so well I'm kinda root'in for ya to make it just perfect!  I know that I have a tendency to pick up the pace when I think a project is a real time sink and that usually causes errors and more fixes...

-Greg

OK. I'm not gonna rush on it that no way to disappoint you. LOL.

3 hours ago, karl h said:

are you using tamiya light curing putty? i have problems having it cure and not staying soft

Hello Karl,

Nice to hear from you.

Light curing putty? I actually use Mr. Hobby's Mr. White Putty. Can't say it works good. After having dried it sometimes tends to peal off.

I used to use Tamiya gray putty (very nice stuff with very good adhesion) when it was available in the local Hobby Shop but now it scarcely can be bought even via internet. 

Cheers!

Alexander

BTW. Thank you guys for the interest and nice comments (Greg, you da man.)

Back to the progress. 

One more pic on the wings.

The grooves where the pylons are to be placed are in wrong position so I had to fill the grooves and drill holes to place the pylons where they are to be.

0Z4A4287.JPG

Well, more updates. Now on the ailerons and flaps.

As the hinges I used some brass stuff leftover from my wooden ship kit.

0Z4A3891.JPG

0Z4A3892.JPG

0Z4A3894.JPG

0Z4A3925.JPG

0Z4A3926.JPG

0Z4A3927.JPG

0Z4A3928.JPG