B-52H Carswell AFB 1986-1990 information needed

2069273879_Buff2.thumb.JPG.2deee6381fdea4db0c373f72cfda7dbb.JPG117422513_Buff1.thumb.JPG.2341633bdb531f8aa37e0117fe21d5b2.JPGI just received my Dragon 1/200 B-52H and need some information on a different scheme other than the kit's SIOP scheme. I don't like it and saw some B-52Hs in gunship gray, 36081 the darker version, and I would like to do that rather than SIOP. I have seen some pictures and from what I see the ones with the 7th BW in the time frame of roughly 1986 to 1990 look like the Dragon kits configuration. They didn't have the lumps on the rear side fuselage yet and they look as though they still had the tail gun like Dragon has. So is there anything else I am missing from the kit to do one from the 7th BW ? The only thing is finding or cobbing decals in 1/200 scale. Any help is most appreciated.

Edited by jonwinn
gramarical error

After looking at the kit (I have a G) & some references, the kit OOB is very close to the late 80s configuration...pre-GPS and pre-MRT.  I don't see the AFSATCOM antenna fairing represented on my G though, and it should be there for a late 80s jet.

If you want weapons under the wings, go with the AGM-86s or M117s from the G & D boxings instead of the kit's AGM-28s.  I have extras if you want them.

The overall 36081 paint seems to be most prevalent in the second half of the 86-90 timeframe you mention, and one published source describes it as appearing "by 1988."

I think you'll have to look to custom decals for Carswell markings, I've never seen any in 1/200.

HTH-

Chris