2022 Hornet Group Build Hasegawa F/A-18A

I am ready to start my build for this group build. 

I am going to do a detailed build with a whole heap of aftermarket parts!

Here is the kit:

2v2azodk9x9awpY.jpg

And inside we see:

2v2azodiux9awpY.jpg

Wow that's a lot of stuff! Let us break it down:

First, almost too much stuff to list from Flying LEather necks models, and one part from DACO

2v2azodDMx9awpY.jpg

I was lucky enough to attend the 2022 NATS in Omaha, and I knew I wanted several items from Flying Leathernecks, The Fly Leathernecks table was my first stop on Wednesday. And it was cool to finally meet Dave Roof after all these years of reading his posts in various places. It was great to talk to him about this project. So what do we have ... Pylons, Mk 84 Bombs, Missile Rails, Wheels. Mylar Flir  window,  Canopy and wheel hub masks, and the Hud. Then  also pictures is the Daco AGM Walleye

Next up

2v2azod4zx9awpY.jpg

We have Sidewinders, and sparrows from Eduard, Aires Exhaust nozzles, and Eduard Zoom PE set (mostly for the instrument panel) and GT resin seamless intakes

And finally the decal sheet, also from Flying Leathernecks which I purchased from Sprue Brothers before the Nats:

2v2azodmox9awpY.jpg

I am going to do the VMFA-314 Black Nights option. 

The weapons I purchased are based on one of the weapons loads described in the instruction sheet for the decals. Not pictured, because I forgot about when taking pictures is a Verlinden ejections seat. 

From what I have been able to find, this was regarded as a really nice kit.  

I will get started soon, I just wanted to show what I am going to build, and see if anyone has feedback about any of these aftermarket parts.

See you soon!

Edited by Kurt H.
  • 3 months later...

I was making good progress with this but I wrecked the model  😞

I messed up the flaps, and broke other parts trying to fix it.  I threw it out .. it was unsalvagable. But I found another F/A-18A  So I will try again but without the resin intakes.