Options for modern fighter pilot 1/48

Hi guys

I am planning to make an F-15C grim reapers in flight and I am looking for pilots in 1/48

What are my options?

I loved reedoak navy pilot but I don't think they do air force pilots

I have a few tamiya f-16 pilots can I use them on the f-15?

What are my options?

Thanks 

Unfortunately, Reedoak does not make any current USAF aircrew without the JHMCS helmet ... yet.

Since most pilots, that are included in said kit, are made to fit that kit's seat, getting them to fit other seats can be a real challenge unless your up for doing surgery to get them to fit. Since the F-16's seat is more reclined than the Eagle's I'd say they won't work. 

Your options, IMO, are very limited. GOOGLE " 1/48th modern aircrew" and you'll see. There's really nothing out there that fills that 1990 - current void.

Steve

Edited by A-10 LOADER
4 minutes ago, scotthldr said:

It looks no different to those found in Tamiya F-16 kits🤷‍♂️

Apart from the inclining back that differentiates the F-16 pilot from other a/c? It just won't fit as F-16 pilots won't fit F-15 seats because of that incline unless you cut the figure to correct for this. F-15 pilots sit more upright than F-16 pilots so (Tamiya) F-16 pilots will not fit F-15 cockpits. Or maybe someone can show they are exchangeable between the models? I can't. If they do here are possible replacements: Aerobonus 480 175 and Read Oak 480251, both featuring the JHMCS helmets. Or any F-16 kit pilot figure for that matter. No other suitable F-15 pilot in 1/48 scale to be found (yet), at least by me.

Surgery not that bad if you move their hand to comb out their hair instead of flying the aircraft/hand on stick. 

We are talking USAF pilots right?  

Left to Left…here we go…

Cheers

Collin

Edited by Collin
14 minutes ago, agelos2005 said:

Hair vice ?

Yes he will be the f-15 pilot

I think you missed the joke but F-16 stick is to the right, F-15 stick is between the legs so you have to adapt the figure for hands on stick.

3 hours ago, agelos2005 said:

Can I use this pilot?

I know it's navy but the gear looks pretty similar?

1905003322.png

As long as you are OK with the difference between USN and USAF flight gear (life vest is quite a giveaway) this might be a good option for a F-15 pilot. Hasegawa has pilots in most of their kits that might be suitable too, no JHMCS though. What F-15 kit/seat will you be using? I might be able to check compatibility with the Hasegawa pilots.