Archer Transfers closing down : ( : (

There is little to add to this. I liked the products, sad that they will go! 

Good luck in future!

Best regards

Gabor

ARCHER September, 2022
WE ARE CLOSING

NOTHING LASTS FOREVER

The time is well past due for me to throw in the towel and close up shop for good, so between now and our official closing date, November 30, 2022, we will be liquidating all of our current inventory - first come, first served. We are expecting a high volume of sales during this inventory liquidation period so we are asking for your patience, and to expect delays in receiving your orders. We will be sending periodic updates on inventory availability in the weeks ahead.

WHY NOW?

We've had a good run for over 33 years but I'm old, tired and ready to reclaim what's left of my life while I'm still healthy and able to do some of the things I enjoy.

There was a time not that long ago that I had unbounded enthusiasm for Archer but those days are sadly fading away. Age has caught up with me and I simply can't keep up with new the technologies emerging in our industry, and tech in general. Frankly, it's become a struggle to come to work lately and that's not fair to our customers, and I'm not about to hang on at your expense for no reason other than my pride.

CHEER UP, I'M NOT DEAD YET.

Don't expect to see me napping on the porch waiting to die. My friend and I have started a non-profit cat rescue (thecatfarm.org) and I'm sure being a cat herder will take up a lot of my time. Incidentally, all of the profits between now and when we close will go toward our rescue.

PARTING THOUGHTS

Before I go I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to all our customers who supported us over these many decades. Your patronage helped feed my family and put a roof over our heads, and for that I will be eternally grateful. I pray each and every one of you has a long, healthy and happy life.

In closing, allow me to take a moment to recognize and publicly thank Cookie Sewell for convincing me to get Archer started. Thank you, my friend. What a long, strange trip it's been.

FAREWELL and HAPPY MODELING,
The cool kids at Archer
Woody Vondracek and Chrissy Perdue

3 hours ago, KursadA said:

I guess most everyone in the smaller hobby industry outfits will have to send a similar e-mail one day - I really dread the day I might have to write mine 😞

Unfortunately there are many small companies who make some excellent and in some cases pioneering things in our hobby and end up closing down from one minute to the next due to one or another reason.

I never forget the photo showing the dumping into trash containers of masters from the once Verlinden factory. Anyone remember that name???

Best regards

Gabor

31 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

Unfortunately there are many small companies who make some excellent and in some cases pioneering things in our hobby and end up closing down from one minute to the next due to one or another reason.

I never forget the photo showing the dumping into trash containers of masters from the once Verlinden factory. Anyone remember that name???

Best regards

Gabor

The entire line of True Details masters (including Black Box/Avionix masters) was sold at auction after Squadron closed.  Greg Cooper bought them and eventually raffled them off for charity on the Scale Model Graveyard FB group.  Whoever won them never did a thing with them, so they are now gone forever.

Remember PP Models from Bristol with some superb products?

Anyone remember Richard L Ward (R.I.P.) the brain behind Modeldecals???  With some of the best ever research in developing the decals and giving the most detailed instruction sheets to go with them, explaining everything. In later years he was also designing for many Airfix decals. It was a honour to know him!

Sad to see Archer go!

Best regards

Gabor

This is sad news.

Sadly most businesses rely on the owner and when that owner decides to retire, the business usually closes shop.. 

I do wish you both happy times during your news phase in life. 

Feel free to use the ARC forums to help promote your remaining stock.

1 hour ago, okthree said:

I went to place an order last night. They have suspended orders until 9/12 because of overwhelming response due to the announcement. 

I went to their site on Sunday, but it said it was closed until 5 Sep for the same reason, When I checked back yesterday, I got the same message as above extending it out to 12 Sep.  

I was looking at their site and was thinking about purchasing some uniform patch decals about a week before the announcement. It just goes to show you in this hobby if there is something you think you will want or need buy it before it goes OOP or the manufacturer ceases production. 

Okay, Zone-Five is shutting down and now you Gabor !! I also heard about other store owners in other parts of the world planning to close their stores, rich people are liquifying their assets, what's the name of that guy who predicted the 2008 crash...???? Do you guys know something we don't???

Okay, besides the fun part, I really going to miss your products and services Gabor.

Good luck with your future endeavours, and if you have the finances, travel!!!! The world has so many beautiful places to visit.

Bill

1 hour ago, okthree said:

I was looking at their site and was thinking about purchasing some uniform patch decals about a week before the announcement. It just goes to show you in this hobby if there is something you think you will want or need buy it before it goes OOP or the manufacturer ceases production. 

Archer has opened back up for orders. 3rd party vendors may still carry needed patch decals. I know I ordered a bunch this morning. 

13 hours ago, SERNAK said:

Okay, Zone-Five is shutting down and now you Gabor !! I also heard about other store owners in other parts of the world planning to close their stores, rich people are liquifying their assets, what's the name of that guy who predicted the 2008 crash...???? Do you guys know something we don't???

Okay, besides the fun part, I really going to miss your products and services Gabor.

Good luck with your future endeavours, and if you have the finances, travel!!!! The world has so many beautiful places to visit.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I think you misunderstand something here. I am only posting a news from Archer. I have absolutely no connection to this company!!!

I was a user of the Archer rivet decals together with thousands of other modellers around the world but nothing more than that.

Best regards

Gabor

No worries mate,

I didn't mean anything personal. I understand that you're simply a user of the Archer products as I am and indeed it is sad news, but look at it from another perspective - it is time to recall those skills that we used to have - making rivets from very thin plastic rods.

Bill

59 minutes ago, SERNAK said:

No worries mate,

I didn't mean anything personal. I understand that you're simply a user of the Archer products as I am and indeed it is sad news, but look at it from another perspective - it is time to recall those skills that we used to have - making rivets from very thin plastic rods.

Bill

Yes, that should be fun making all the Mi-24 rivets (for the 48th scale kit) with drilling and fitting stretched sprues, cutting to size and sandign each. Now that should be fun for sure!!!!!  : )  : )  : )

Actually just today the Russian Quinta Studio announced a new range of general rivet decals lines. They are all the way from 72, 48, 32, 24 scales with different space between rivets and in different colours (black or white versions) on a very thin transparent decal film. 

I know it is not easy to get them nowdays from Russia, but it is an alternative to Archer products for the future in more peaceful times.  

Best regards

Gabor

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

I know it is not easy to get them nowdays from Russia, but it is an alternative to Archer products for the future in more peaceful times.  

I agree. The only thing that troubles me is what the customs office is going to ask me to pay when the package arrives. The last time I ordered a product from overseas, the customs office asked me to pay $30 for customs duties.

• 4 months later...