1/72 Indian LCA Tejas Navy jet fighter scratchbuilt

• Badmofo changed the title to 1/72 Indian LCA Tejas Navy jet fighter scratchbuilt

From WiKi:

The aerodynamic configuration of Tejas is based on a delta-wing layout with shoulder-mounted wings. The control surfaces include three-section slats on the wing's outer leading edge while the inboard sections of the wings have additional slats to generate vortex lift over the inner wing and high-energy air-flow along the tail fin to enhance high-AoA stability. The wing trailing edge fits two-segment elevons to provide pitch and roll control. The only empennage-mounted control surfaces are the single-piece rudder and two airbrakes, located in the upper rear part of the fuselage, one each on either side of the fin.

Hard to find pictures and I think this feature is not on all models...

C2j

7886bd515fdb4e26b2bbd7056c4d5fa3.jpg

4 hours ago, Youngtiger1 said:

Are those giant slats at the wing roots? I have never seen anything like it. Great work as the end result is superb and I love the test markings.

Yea they are at the wing roots for Tejas Navy version.  The LCA Airforce version doesnt have one.  Thank you for the compliment.

word-image-12.jpeg

Edited by Badmofo
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Philip Chanilk said:

I am interested in building this 1/72 Indian LCA fighter jet, would you tell me how and where to buy.  Hoping your kindly reply.

Hi Philip,

I spent a long time looking for reference pix and did the 3D modelling.  Then I used 3D printer to build the plane.  So its a custom built/scratchbuilt craft.  

Best

Mo

3 minutes ago, Philip Chanilk said:

I saw it in Hong Kong international model festival 2023.  Would you build the new for me ?

Hey Philip much appreciated for the reach out.  But man this one killed me already because of the time I put in.  I could only build it once.  I am sorry I will have to respectfully decline the request.  Sorry!!

Mo