Looking for a US utility equipment color

I'm trying to find the color used on most of the Gnat UAVs from the early nineties - here's one example. It keeps reminding me of a standard color of utility equipment, or maybe civil infrastructure, as used in the US. I'm in the Netherlands, to be clear. I just saw a video on A/C equipment that showed just what I meant, so I took two screenshots. Does anyone know? Does it have a FS595 number? Or maybe some other paint code? Thanks in advance!

Rob

gnat-32.jpg

gnat-42.jpg

gnat-43.jpg

Edited by Rob de Bie

VIPER0177 and vonjhn68, thanks for the replies. But I'm not looking for best color guesses, I would like to know whether there's a standard color for equipment like this. I looked at the Lennox site (A/C manufacturer) whether they list it in the specs, but they don't. Maybe you know of other equipment in this color?

Rob

9 hours ago, Rob de Bie said:

VIPER0177 and vonjhn68, thanks for the replies. But I'm not looking for best color guesses, I would like to know whether there's a standard color for equipment like this. I looked at the Lennox site (A/C manufacturer) whether they list it in the specs, but they don't. Maybe you know of other equipment in this color?

Rob

Rob,

As you may know, military paint colors are not always the same. Field use and sun fading will have an effect on the color, so there is some range within the color spectrum - especially with grays.  To me, all UAVs during that timeframe look very close to Light Gull Gray and I have seen plenty in person.  I would suggest that instead of trying to find the FS number of an air conditioner that looks like the same color as the Gnat, try contacting General Atomics - they are still in business today building UAVs for the military.  Reach out to them at www.ga.com.  If that doesn't work, try this one: www.lennox.com

Best of luck with your project.

Regards,

John