Hobbytown, Las Vegas

Google maps says, "Permanently closed  HobbyTown is permanently closed. If that's wrong, please suggest an edit."

Going to Hobbytown website and searching for nearest location in or near Las Vegas gives Saint George UT as the only search result. 

Edited by southwestforests

I agree!  When that store was in full swing (before they started letting their inventory of products drop off), that was a great hobby shop!  Though it was on the opposite side of town for me, I used to go there.  Now, it's 100% internet purchase for me.  It was great to have an actual brick and mortar store to go to if you needed just 1 or 2 small items.  The down side of internet shopping is, to me, shipping cost, so having a local place to frequent to avoid that expense was great.  Alas, no more.

5 hours ago, Curt B said:

Now, it's 100% internet purchase for me.

Unfortunately yes. But there is no substitute for visiting a scale models store and "sniffing" all those amazing smells from the kits and the various accessories. Not to mention the long discussions and arguments on various details. That's irreplaceable my friend.

hI Curt,

I should have said constructive arguments😁 Especially for WWII German aircrafts' colours. Man, some guys are really experts on the subject but I don't understand where do they find the time to read or research such subjects and then retain that knowledge.