KASL 1/48 F-35C cockpit

Just now, scotthldr said:

Can’t vouch for this set, but I’ve used a few of the KASL sets for the M2K and rate them all very highly.

That's good to know, I'm just not sure that it's worth it.  There's not much in the 35 cockpit anyway except for behind the seat there's lots of wire bundles.

I used KASL's 48049 when I made my Kitty Hawk F-35C. Fit fine, don't recall having any problems with it (can't say the same for the rest of the kit!). That said, I used their cockpit for the F-35B and closed the canopy and had to grind away a lot of the detail behind the seat to get the canopy to close. So, although they look 'busy', I can't vouch for their accuracy. (BTW, DON'T build any Kitty Hawk F-35 with the canopy closed! They are too wide and too long to fit the fuselage seamlessly!!!)

210904_1-48_kitty_hawk_f-35c_rfq.jpg

On 9/5/2022 at 1:04 PM, mrvark said:

I used KASL's 48049 when I made my Kitty Hawk F-35C. Fit fine, don't recall having any problems with it (can't say the same for the rest of the kit!). That said, I used their cockpit for the F-35B and closed the canopy and had to grind away a lot of the detail behind the seat to get the canopy to close. So, although they look 'busy', I can't vouch for their accuracy. (BTW, DON'T build any Kitty Hawk F-35 with the canopy closed! They are too wide and too long to fit the fuselage seamlessly!!!)

210904_1-48_kitty_hawk_f-35c_rfq.jpg

Awesome thanks! It looks like Furball just re-released the 1/48 decals that have My jet old jet CF-05 and my new jet CF-03 on them. I think im going to do the first one with the the KASL and if I dont like it I will do the second with the kit cockpit.