1/35 Sea Dart (Takom)

Takom's Sea Dart (used by the Royal Navy) was a fun step aside from a bunch of aircraft.  The kit itself is nicely detailed and builds up into a great looking display.  I decided to go with one missile on the launcher with the other having been fired off.  The missiles were painted with Mr. Color and MRP paints.  The launcher and base are White Ensign Models Colourcoats.  Weathering was done with oils.  Always fun to weather a naval subject - you can barely go wrong!  I added MIG non-skid paste to the base and for what appears to be leak sealing around the doors that I saw in pictures from the Falklands conflict.  Also added some Archer weld seams on the top of the central pivot - those looked pretty prominent in pictures.

My only observation is that the kit is not designed to have the missiles vertical - there isn't enough clearance between the flash door and the bottom of the launcer arms - so you have to take about 3/32 of an inch off - this removes the detail at the end of the arm.

IMG-2680.jpg

IMG-2667.jpg

IMG-2670.jpg

IMG-2668.jpg

IMG-2675.jpg

Graham