1/72 Fujimi F-4E Phantom II with slats and Tiseo -Korat '72-'73

Back from the wilds of New England. My 1/72 Fujimi F-4E Phantom II with slats and Tiseo will be here Wednesday. I am going to do it as a plane at Korat in the 1972-73 time frame as shown in the image below. From what I read the RRRRRBT on the tail was deleted but it still had no tail code, the tail fin was painted yellow and it retained the USAF with 10237 below it on the tail.

1-72 Fujimi F-4E Phantom II.jpg

F-4E with slatted wing and TISEO-1972-73 Korat 555TFS.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dutch, we went inland as per weatherman to Lake Placid, storm turned inland right by Lake Placid and just missed our hotel, had 100 mph winds at hotel....hairy night. Our home in Clearwater got NOTHING, no trees down, flooding nada, zip! Spent 100s on hotel and ended up almost in storms eye! Last time I listen to weatherman!!!!!

1 hour ago, jonwinn said:

The first one at the top of this page, 10237, I believe was a QF-4E in it's final days and was  wasted in 2015 at a missile test at Tyndall AFB.

I photographed 10237 at Tyndall in May 2015

3cUc026.jpg

I have another photo of this plane in 2006 at Tyndall in overall gray with orange tail. Why the repaint to SEA camo in 2015? Strange but all photos have the TISEO or at least TISEO housing,  and both Tyndall pictures have the number 295 near the nose.

Edited by jonwinn

Hi,

Interesting that 71-0237 was one of the few with slats and TISEO that made it to Korat.

I had just read in the thread about the Meng F-4G here that the F-4E's built with the slats didn't have the external strap on the belly but had reinforcements below the skin.

So, I wondered if I could find which one was the first one built with slats. I found it in the good old "Spirit in the skies" book...it was 71-0237.

I hope to get around to building this one, in my case with 3rd TFW markings from 1987.

Cheers, Stefan.