Corrosion control on naval aircraft during Vietnam?

I have seen a few pictures of naval aircraft during the Vietnam war. It appears that some kind of primer, sealant, coating? Was applied around certain panels and it appears a brownish yellow. Am curious what exactly this coating was and what timeframe was it used and stopped being used. Sorry I have no idea how to post images here. 

1 hour ago, jonwinn said:

Leading edges of A-6A Intruders wings and pylons? You mean radome tan like color color? It was Corogard

Corogard was a clear epoxy with aluminum powder mixed in.  It was a somewhat shiny metallic silver when new, but would fade to a dull gray.  The yellow leading edge you see on US Navy planes is a tape that is clear when new, but UV causes it to yellow. @USAFsparkchaser Do you have a picture that shows what you are talking about? I'm not aware of anything specific the USN applied around panels. Corrosion control could use just about any color of paint for touch ups. 

I believe what you are talking about is the Amlgard (sp?)  corrosion preventative, it was a translucent brown (very close to fs 30117). 

It was applied to high prone corrosion areas and would take on a yellowish brown color due to it's translucent brown color and the gull gray fuselage color of the aircraft. 

The leading edges where a light tan/yellowish color fron the leading g edge tape that was used from the 60's to the early 80's. The tape was a clear/translucent yellow but as it weathered ait would turn a yellowish/tan (slightly) translucent color.

Hth