1/72 P-8A Poseidon

5 minutes ago, f5guy said:

I hadn't heard about the BPK Wedgetail, though I have suggested it to Aleksey at BPK on a few occasions. I think I'll just wait then. Thanks, Fred.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02YkX65hbmghP2aChq3bpp9Lsef1NTx7R6RRfnbt6E1ifT1MFCgZmgYPaFkWK6pckYl&id=1509837872627284

3 minutes ago, achterkirch said:

Great news! Thanks! I'm not on facebook, so I usually miss this kind of thing unless someone posts it here. I sure hope BPK keeps putting out nice kits of these airliners/military airliners in 72nd scale. 👍 Thanks, Fred K.

2 hours ago, f5guy said:

Great news! Thanks! I'm not on facebook, so I usually miss this kind of thing unless someone posts it here. I sure hope BPK keeps putting out nice kits of these airliners/military airliners in 72nd scale. 👍 Thanks, Fred K.

Welcome. I hope they do too. Looking forward to their P-8A. I heard good thing about their 737 kits so I doubt this release will be any different. 

17 hours ago, KursadA said:

I will also release at least two P-8 sheets, mostly covering US and some international subjects.

The Air-Graphics ad was a 'heads up' of what the "competition" this side of the pond is doing, Kursad - but judging by the results of searching their products and yours at Hannants, their sheet will likely be about 50% more expensive...

....assuming that the Pound's current downward slide against the Dollar doesn't go much further, of course!

15 minutes ago, AD-4N said:

My research indicated P-8As are painted Gloss Canadian Voodoo Grey FS16515.  Can anyone confirm that?  

Yes, they are. I worked for Boeing here at Pax River on the P-8As as a line mechanic for a few months. Boeing Gray is the color. They are noticeably different when parked next to a P-3 or an E-2 painted in FS 16440.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
8 hours ago, 72planeguy said:

I am curious if anyone is building (has built/will build) the BPK Poseidon gear-up?

Curt

Hi Curt,

I'm sporadically working on  BPKs 72nd 737-800 kit, which is very close to the P-8A kit. Link: 

Fit is okay, but expect a bunch of sanding if for no other reason than its pretty big kit. HTH, Fred K.

Hello Fred, have I missed something or is Eastern back? Are you building yours gear-up? The reason I ask is I am searching for the gear legs for the Poseidon. I recently acquired the Welsh mixed media kit which had the flaw of the gear legs being too short for the P-8, having been taken from their earlier 737 kit.

5 hours ago, 72planeguy said:

Hello Fred, have I missed something or is Eastern back? Are you building yours gear-up? The reason I ask is I am searching for the gear legs for the Poseidon. I recently acquired the Welsh mixed media kit which had the flaw of the gear legs being too short for the P-8, having been taken from their earlier 737 kit.

Hi Curt,

Sorry, but it's going to be built with the gear down, so I'm no help there. As for Eastern, they were back for a few years before getting taken over by another company. There's some info about it in the thread. Take care, Fred.

On 9/25/2022 at 12:51 PM, Piker38 said:

Is anyone working on a resin weapons-bay for this a/c ?

Reskit (who has already provided the resin components for this kit) has said they are going to do one. They also have done weapons pylons for the kit.  In the kit, the area of the weapons bay is molded thinner on the inside already.

• 11 months later...

@KursadA  You wouldn't be up for a semi fantasy decal sheet would you?  I am hoping that Canada does what they always do, choose to be different and stand out from the pack of all the other boring BAC707 Gray P-8's.  The Standard CP-140 scheme looks especially good on the P-8 in my opinion!

-Woog

RCAF Boeing CP-108 Poseidon by Railfanmatt4.png

Edited by Woogey
Grammar