I’m Back! I think!

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/forum/334-f-14-group-build/

F-14 Group Build

Name: F-14 Tomcat Groupbuild

Dates: Jan 4 2021 - Sept 22 2021

Mods: Eraucubsfan, Phantom

Link to planning thread Here

Description:

The concept for this group build is to honor one of the coolest aircraft that ever punched a hole in the sky.  In the past few years there have been many new kits released of F-14s not to mention decals .  The goal of this group build is bust out those Tomcat models and build a few.

It is kind of a long story so I will direct you to this post:

SBARC please come in......... - General Discussion - ARC Discussion Forums (arcforums.com)

The bottom line is SBARC has not been on the forum much in the last year or so and he is the only one currently that can create a group build.  None of the other mods have that permission.  So, to keep group builds going they (f-16 and F-18 group builds) were proposed ion the General Discussion forum.  Each participant then just added his WIP to the In-Progress forum with the appropriate title prefix either 2022 F-16 Group Build or 2022 F-18 Group Build.  The finished builds are in the Display Case forum.

Here is a link to the F-18 GB:

Group Build Proposal - F/A-18 Hornet's Nest - Page 3 - General Discussion - ARC Discussion Forums (arcforums.com)

Here is a link to the F-16 GP:

Group Build Proposal: F-16 Fighting Falcon Furball - Page 3 - General Discussion - ARC Discussion Forums (arcforums.com)

Link to one of the F-16 GB in progress:

(2022 F-16 Group Build) Italeri 1/48 F-16ADF - Page 3 - In-Progress Pics - ARC Discussion Forums (arcforums.com)

Link to one of the F-18 GB in progress:

(2022 Hornet Group Build) 1/48 F/A-18F Blue Angel #7 - In-Progress Pics - ARC Discussion Forums (arcforums.com)

Both of these are running for a year so you should have time to contribute.

Hope this helps.

Geoff M

Edited by Geoff M
22 minutes ago, Geoff M said:

It is kind of a long story so I will direct you to this post:

SBARC please come in......... - General Discussion - ARC Discussion Forums (arcforums.com)

The bottom line is SBARC has not been on the forum much in the last year or so and he is the only one currently that can create a group build.  None of the other mods have that permission.  So, to keep group builds going they (f-16 and F-18 group builds) were proposed ion the General Discussion forum.  Each participant then just added his WIP to the In-Progress forum with the appropriate title prefix either 2022 F-16 Group Build or 2022 F-18 Group Build.  

Here is a link to the F-18 GB:

Group Build Proposal - F/A-18 Hornet's Nest - Page 3 - General Discussion - ARC Discussion Forums (arcforums.com)

Here is a link to the F-16 GP:

Group Build Proposal: F-16 Fighting Falcon Furball - Page 3 - General Discussion - ARC Discussion Forums (arcforums.com)

Link to one of the F-16 GB in progress:

(2022 F-16 Group Build) Italeri 1/48 F-16ADF - Page 3 - In-Progress Pics - ARC Discussion Forums (arcforums.com)

Link to one of the F-18 GB in progress:

(2022 Hornet Group Build) 1/48 F/A-18F Blue Angel #7 - In-Progress Pics - ARC Discussion Forums (arcforums.com)

Both of these are running for a year so you should have time to contribute.

Hope this helps.

Geoff M

Geoff

Thanks for the heads up and link. I need to see if I can finish this HB A-7A kit. I am a disabled vet with severe insomnia. Have not been able to concentrate on a build fora long time. But the past few days has given me a boost. The stuff they gave me for sleep has helped my concentration for building. I hope to have this thing in paint this weekend. Ill wait and see on joining in. Has anyone tried to email Steve?

I hope that you will be able to concentrate on your modeling now with the new med.  Steve just came back on board in the last couple weeks.  He is still busy but hopefully will be able to a little more time into ARC now.

Geoff M

2 minutes ago, Geoff M said:

I hope that you will be able to concentrate on your modeling now with the new med.  Steve just came back on board in the last couple weeks.  He is still busy but hopefully will be able to a little more time into ARC now.

Geoff M

Thats Good! I hope CAM Pro has good customer service! Ordered some 1/48 Hornet decals. Got F-4G and A-4F decals instead. Now that project is off till I get the right ones. I have kits and decals for the GB but this was my 2nd build after the A-7 to see if I can keep going