Japanese colors Mitsubishi G4M1 type 11

I'm starting on assembling this kit, and the kit instructions say not a word about colors/decorations/markings.  I received a set of ESCI decals with the kit when I bought it who-knows-when.   And I couldn't scare up a Squadron/Signal book on those airplanes.  My 'plan b' is to buy a set of 'surrender' decals for the airplane but I'd rather use what I have.  

So...Tamiya paint colors, anybody?  topside green, underside blue/gray(?) interior clueless, landing gear/propellers/engines clueless.

Any help will be more information than what I have now, which is none. 

Thanks very much!

On 9/16/2022 at 9:38 PM, peter havriluk said:

I'm starting on assembling this kit, and the kit instructions say not a word about colors/decorations/markings.  I received a set of ESCI decals with the kit when I bought it who-knows-when.   And I couldn't scare up a Squadron/Signal book on those airplanes.  My 'plan b' is to buy a set of 'surrender' decals for the airplane but I'd rather use what I have.  

So...Tamiya paint colors, anybody?  topside green, underside blue/gray(?) interior clueless, landing gear/propellers/engines clueless.

Any help will be more information than what I have now, which is none. 

Thanks very much!

The more attractive camo scheme is of IJNAF standard D1 deep black green and H2 brown. Mr. Paint makes them in his new line of Japanese WWII. No mixing, the most accurate shades in the market, pre-thinned for airbrushing. Lower surfaces were in NMF contrary to the wide spread and decades lasting modeling "consensus" of "IJNAF grey". Tamiya and early issues of Hasegawa kits instructions have it wrong as well. None of the IJNAF land based bombers were painted on underside. Only control surfaces if they were fabric covered were painted in aluminum dope over primer (varied) or standard IJNAF J3 grey was possible. Pilot cockpit was in IJNAF standard M0/M1 green, rest of the fuselage either unpainted or "aotake", green or blue transparent varnish. Again, both paints are in MRP line.