MiG-25 Pilot Figure Question

Hi friends,

I’d like to model a 1/48 MiG-25RBF from Shatalovo AB circa 2001. It will be displayed “inflight.” 

I’m looking for pilot flight suit and helmet information appropriate for this time and place.

I’ve ordered this figure from Aerobonus, but I wonder if something else might be more accurate, again, given the mission, era, etc.

VeObIbx.jpg

Edited by RichB63

The resin set shows a pilot in a standard flight suit (not even the ventilation suit VK-3) but it has the high altitude pressure compensating helmet GS-6. It would have been more realistic to illustrate the pilot in the VKK-6 high altitude pressure compensating costume to go with the GS-6 helmet. They were designed as one unit with special boots, gloves and all! To separately wear the GS-6 helmet on its own (without the VKK-6 suit) would have been ridiculous, useless and stupid (it is not a very comfortable thing to have on)!

It is possible that you have the VK-3 ventilation costume over your VKK-6.

Looking at period photos you can see that apart from the high altitude equipment the Foxbats were often flown in standard Russian flight suits with more traditional ZS-3 or ZS-5 helmet. I am not sure if they had the more modern ZS-7 helmet. Have to have a look. So any aftermarket sets with such pilot gear could be also used. 

Best regards

Gabor

Yes, this is the look, more common for everyday flights. (Note that the photo from early days, late 70's -early 80's with a post Hokaido conversion MiG-25PD (or PDS) in the background and not the 2000 era you are looking for. ) 

A standard sand coloured Russian flight suit (same as on any other aircraft) made from  a top jacket and trousers. Simple boots. The ZS-5 helmet. Note that in early days the helmet visor was mainly light blue, later the dark green or the brown visors became more common. I personally like the blue version, it looked so much better (fortunate to have one of those in my collection). 

They also have the blue ASP-74 survival west, actually it is blue in packed form but when deployed there are 2 orange "bananas" inflated under the arm pits from the two pouches on the sides of the pilot.

Best regards

Gabor