AMT 1/72 B-52G early wing correction

18 hours ago, kellyF15 said:

Outstanding, I am absolutely interested!!

Good luck in finding it.  I looked awhile back and came up with nothing.  I am currently building the kit and modified the internal wing support to make the wings droop...or that is my goal.  I will still have to do some mods to the wings and do some filling to get them to work.

25 minutes ago, fasteagle12 said:

Good luck in finding it.  I looked awhile back and came up with nothing.  I am currently building the kit and modified the internal wing support to make the wings droop...or that is my goal.  I will still have to do some mods to the wings and do some filling to get them to work.

It's just crazy that it's such a good kit with that one major flaw...

44 minutes ago, kellyF15 said:

It's just crazy that it's such a good kit with that one major flaw...

Isn't there a problem with the engine nacelles being undersized?  Or am I confusing this with another AMT kit?

13 minutes ago, Gator52 said:

The TF33 nacelles of the AMT H-model kit are considered undersized, but the J57s of the G look ok to me.

Chris

Yeah, that's why I went with the G. Plus, I like the early look.

2 hours ago, fasteagle12 said:I am currently building the kit and modified the internal wing support to make the wings droop...or that is my goal.  I will still have to do some mods to the wings and do some filling to get them to work.

What version/era are you building?

Chris

The ALCM-modified B-52Gs had a modified wing root to differentiate them for treaty purposes; the ALCM-modified H models feature an additional pair of antennas for treaty identification, and therefore share the same original wing root as the unmodified B-52Gs. 

Chris

I have the Monogram D, the Italeri G and the old AMT H.  I started the H a long time ago and I get it out from time to time and tinker with it.  I may save my pennies and get aftermarket engines but it's only going on my shelf so only I would know the difference.  I did pick up aftermarket bomb pylons for a non-cruise missile loadout.  I may get another set for both the G and H.