Tamiya 1/48th Lockheed F-35 A Lightning II-Item#: 61124

3 hours ago, stalal said:

The question was because scalemates site seems to show a lineage between this kit and recently released Italeri F-35B. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya-61124-lockheed-martin-f-35a-lightning-ii--1442862

Thats confusing. 

No, it isn't confusing. Because that genealogy box  usually agregates thinly related releases or related subjects or the companies have a certain relation. But the Genealogy lines on the F-35A don't connect, you should always watch for them in scalemates.

In this case the Tamiya F-35A stands alone without any line connecting it to anything else.

Below that stands the Italeri F-35B relesed this same year, and a line connecting it to the Tamiya rebox of it that I already provided a photo above.

3 minutes ago, Specter1075 said:

Has Tamiya ever sold a reboxed kit before? I guess that would preclude them selling their own B down the road.

Tamiya reboxes plenty of Italeri kits aircraft and armor. See my photo above, they already announced they'd rebox the Italeri F-35B.

Edited by Inquisitor
11 minutes ago, Solo said:

Yes, for example:
4571_rd.jpg

That's Tamiya's own tool. Guess you have the wrong notion that all 1/72 scale war bird collection or the boxes with a built kit cover are Italeri reboxes.

Edited by Inquisitor
4 minutes ago, Inquisitor said:

That's Tamiya's own tool. Guess you have the wrong notion that all 1/72 scale war bird collection or the boxes with a built kit cover are Italeri reboxes.

Of course, my mistake. It was that:
TAMIYA 60701 Myśliwiec General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon

5 hours ago, stalal said:

The question was because scalemates site seems to show a lineage between this kit and recently released Italeri F-35B. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya-61124-lockheed-martin-f-35a-lightning-ii--1442862

Thats confusing. 

I don't see the problem.  It shows a Tamiya new tool kit (subject of this thread) and a Tamiya rebox with new parts of the Italeri kit. New parts in the rebox is probably wrong, but new decals are likely. I don't see a link between the Tamiya new tool kit and the Italeri kit.

One of the issues with Scalemates is it's user created content, just like Wikipedia. Right now there isn't really much concrete information about this kit and the rebox "B".  Scalemates is only as good as what the users put in and I have no idea what sort of editorial control there is. Being user generated is also a benefit, if it's clearly wrong you can go change it. Anyone can create an account and add or change entries.  I've cleaned up a few entries myself.  

14 minutes ago, gtypecanare said:

Yes, the sprues will be on display at OrangeCon this upcoming Sunday October 2nd, 2022 at the Double Tree by Hilton in Buena Park, CA.

Thank you. Looking forward to this kit!   Maybe Tamiya will do a B & C model?

Edited by Bsin
7 minutes ago, Bsin said:

Thank you. Looking forward to this kit!   Maybe Tamiya do a B & C model?

Given that Tamiya is reboxing the Italeri kit, I can’t see them doing their own -B.  Plus, there are significant changes from the -A that not a lot of parts can be reused, especially not the big parts like the fuselage parts.

1 minute ago, Dave Williams said:

Given that Tamiya is reboxing the Italeri kit, I can’t see them doing their own -B.  Plus, there are significant changes from the -A that not a lot of parts can be reused, especially not the big parts like the fuselage parts.

Oh well.

On 9/30/2022 at 3:58 PM, Dave Roof said:

I'm going to need something a lot stronger than a Snicker's! Buffalo Trace, Jack or Jameson!

during my last "good stuff"  inventory followed by a quasi house cleaning, I found a third bottle of Green Spot and another bottle of Killebaggen small batch. You'll never touch Jameson again! 

gary

13 hours ago, gtypecanare said:

Yes, the sprues will be on display at OrangeCon this upcoming Sunday October 2nd, 2022 at the Double Tree by Hilton in Buena Park, CA.

I am affraid I can not see openable in-flight refueling bay. Is that option available?

Edited by Solo
13 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

As it was noted in this thread, Tamiya re-boxed an Italeri 1/72 F-16 for the Japanese home market, but has their own kit in their line. Just because they've re-boxed the Italeri 48th F-35B doesn't necessarily mean they won't tool their own kit of it either.

17 hours ago, gtypecanare said:

Hey, I know where that is ...

-Gregg

PS I was born and raised in Buena Park ... :whistle:

1 hour ago, Bsin said:

Wow! Look at the detail in the weapons bay. 

Looks even better in person.

And for those wondering about a specific color being available...not yet.

Also the other new release has been delayed.