Tamiya 1/48th Lockheed F-35 A Lightning II-Item#: 61124

20 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Is there any more information out there that the delayed kit is a 1/32 New Tool F-4B? Anyone else here that?

Its a rumor only. I have heard the delayed kit is Fw-190 in 1/32.

16 minutes ago, Solo said:

Review samples from Tamiya usually are in white boxes, without any printing. So here I believe there is just retail kit.

I want to their website, it says  not in stock, on the other hand it says in stock?  So which is it?

50 minutes ago, Bsin said:

I want to their website, it says  not in stock, on the other hand it says in stock?  So which is it?

It says pre-order not in stock.  They don’t have it yet.  The small green “in stock” is to fool the shopping cart system to allow you to pre order the kit.  The system only understands in stock or out of stock, and if the status is out of stock, you can’t put it in the cart.

Andy typically gets an early copy of the production kit for review purposes.  He only gets one.  It’s not like he gets an early batch to sell.

Edited by Dave Williams
1 minute ago, Dave Williams said:

It says pre-order not in stock.  They don’t have it yet.  The small green “in stock” is to fool the shopping cart system to allow you to pre order the kit.  The system only understands in stock or out of stock, and if the status is out of stock, you can’t put it in the cart.

Andy typically gets an early copy of the production kit for review purposes.  He only gets one.  It’s not like he gets an early batch to sell.

Ok, thank you.

2 hours ago, Bsin said:

Its not a review sample, it is the release sku.

There is an embargo date thats all. most dont "use" it because it arrives after but to make sure its all released on the same day there is a date so those who manage to get theirs delivered before anyone else doesnt get the drop on everyone else, while others get theirs later than that date

3 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Its not a review sample, it is the release sku.

There is an embargo date thats all. most dont "use" it because it arrives after but to make sure its all released on the same day there is a date so those who manage to get theirs delivered before anyone else doesnt get the drop on everyone else, while others get theirs later than that date

I hope Andy does a review on it! 

Tamiya hasn't released that many white boxes, so nothing out of the ordinary as such. But nice video and presentation of the parts. Looking forward to receiving the kit when released, just put in my preorder yesterday